_GOTOBOTTOM
Armor/AFV: Axis - WWII
Armor and ground forces of the Axis forces during World War II.
Hosted by Darren Baker
Tamiya Feifel air cleaner tube
andyelbac
Visit this Community
England - South East, United Kingdom
KitMaker: 65 posts
Armorama: 57 posts
Posted: Friday, January 16, 2015 - 01:15 AM UTC
Hi,
Dies anyone have a spare length of the grey braided tubing that Tsmiya supply for the Feifel air cleaning tubes in the Early Tiger kit? Happy to pay for it plus postage.
spoons
Visit this Community
England - East Anglia, United Kingdom
KitMaker: 527 posts
Armorama: 500 posts
Posted: Friday, January 16, 2015 - 01:50 AM UTC
If you struggle to get a replacement Try braided hose on eBay or model shops will look better once painted black.
andyelbac
Visit this Community
Posted: Friday, January 16, 2015 - 10:56 AM UTC
Ok, will try that. Thanks
PanzerKarl
Visit this Community
England - North West, United Kingdom
KitMaker: 2,439 posts
Armorama: 1,980 posts
Posted: Friday, January 16, 2015 - 03:16 PM UTC
Try this stuff.
http://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/Miniature-Metal-Braided-Hose-Cable-Various-Diameters-Tamiya-Pocher-1m-/141476696031?pt=UK_ToysGames_ModelKits_ModelKits_JN&var=440627081498&hash=item20f0ab0fdf
Byrden
Visit this Community
Wien, Austria
KitMaker: 2,233 posts
Armorama: 2,221 posts
Posted: Friday, January 16, 2015 - 03:23 PM UTC
This may help? This is the real thing.

sauceman
Visit this Community
Ontario, Canada
KitMaker: 2,672 posts
Armorama: 2,475 posts
Posted: Friday, January 16, 2015 - 05:57 PM UTC
I might have something, I'll let you know tomorrow.

Cheers
M4A1Sherman
Visit this Community
New York, United States
KitMaker: 4,403 posts
Armorama: 4,078 posts
Posted: Friday, January 16, 2015 - 07:33 PM UTC

Quoted Text

Hi,
Dies anyone have a spare length of the grey braided tubing that Tsmiya supply for the Feifel air cleaning tubes in the Early Tiger kit? Happy to pay for it plus postage.

Hi! I forget the company name, (REAL MODELS, possibly..?) but I solved my problems with the TAMIYA Tiger I's braided Feifel Air Filter Hoses by buying an aftermarket resin replacement/update set a few years back. The braided material that the hoses are wrapped in kept unraveling, and I had tried everything to try to get the hoses to:

a. Mate-up the Air Hoses from the Air Filters to the Collector Duct that ultimately feeds air into the Engine, and

b. To keep the braiding from unraveling, which turned out to be nothing more than an exercise in frustration...

My kit did not contain enough of the hose material, and as a consequence of that, the pins on the Air Filters and the Collector were exposed once I connected the hose-system together. I didn't care for THAT at all!!! What to do now?

I remembered seeing the resin update in one of my model catalogs, so I took the plunge, and ordered a set. As soon as this update arrived by post, I dry-fitted the parts, and found that all would work to my satisfaction. The hoses are very nicely rendered in resin, as are the Air Filter Cannisters. The hoses matched up perfectly with the plastic air inlet, and the resin air filter boxes mounted at the rear of my AFRIKA KORPS Tiger I. Hope this hint helps...

I sold this model quite a few years ago, and I don't know if the resin Feifel Air Cleaners and Hoses update is still available. About 4 years ago, I had the opportunity to buy the very nicely done DRAGON ARMOR die-cast 1/35 Initial Tiger I AFRIKA KORPS static display piece for a song, so I don't see a need for me to go out and buy another kit of the same thing.

A few years ago, I decided to concentrate on modeling US and a few Allied WWII AFVs and US Modern subjects along with my HO brass Steam-era Passenger Locomotives and "Limited" Passenger Cars... Oh, yes- also my 1/48 military aircraft and my 1/24 and 1/25 Classic Cars, 1910's- late 1950's...
andyelbac
Visit this Community
Posted: Saturday, January 17, 2015 - 05:53 AM UTC
Much appreciated.
andyelbac
Visit this Community
Posted: Saturday, January 17, 2015 - 05:58 AM UTC
Many thanks to you all. I've ordered the miniature metal braided hoses but have concerns over the ends fraying when cut, which is my issue with the Tamiya kit hose. Unfortunately, I somehow missed the small instruction sheet which advised to paint the hose prior to cutting, specifically to prevent the ends fraying. Doh! Ideally I can get hold of some replacement Tamiya hose, paint it and then see which is more suitable: the Tamiya hose or the miniature metal braided hose.
 _GOTOTOP