_GOTOBOTTOM
Яusso-Soviэt Forum: Cold War Soviet Armor
For discussions related to cold war era Russo-Soviet armor.
HELP - Italeri / Zvezda T26 Tracks.
Selrach
Visit this Community
Indiana, United States
KitMaker: 466 posts
Armorama: 378 posts
Posted: Monday, March 17, 2003 - 09:04 AM UTC
I am building this T26 and have realized that the "rubber band" tracks supplied with it are far too small. Both snapped while trying to fit them to the lower hull. I repaired with staples, but the suspension is still bowed in a way that dosen't look right.

Is there an AM track kit for this model that anyone knows of. ?

Thanks
Tiger101
Visit this Community
Pennsylvania, United States
KitMaker: 902 posts
Armorama: 628 posts
Posted: Monday, March 17, 2003 - 09:17 AM UTC
I had the same problem with that kit. The track is to tight and the road wheels have no give. I had to replace them with Fruli track. They do make a set for the T-26. Get your eyes checked first, they are really tiny. Another mfg. makes plastic link to link but that size would drive me nuts gluing them together.

hope this helps good luck finding them.
Selrach
Visit this Community
Indiana, United States
Posted: Monday, March 17, 2003 - 09:31 AM UTC

Quoted Text

I had the same problem with that kit. The track is to tight and the road wheels have no give. I had to replace them with Fruli track.
hope this helps good luck finding them.

Fruli track? I'm pretty new to all this... Are these Indi link tracks?
Tiger101
Visit this Community
Posted: Monday, March 17, 2003 - 10:49 AM UTC
A online view

They are white metal indy link tracks that go together like the real thing. They even sag just like the real thing when done. They supply wire that you use as track pins to attach them. if you need further info PM me and I'll find an artical for you to read.

Hope this helps.
Tiger101
Visit this Community
Posted: Monday, March 17, 2003 - 02:44 PM UTC
Here is a link to the "How To" of Fruli tracks
Using Fruli Tracks
avukich
Visit this Community
Virginia, United States
KitMaker: 760 posts
Armorama: 0 posts
Posted: Tuesday, March 18, 2003 - 02:10 AM UTC
The Friulmodel tracks for the T-26 are very nice, but might I suggest getting the Modelkasten ones instead. I love Friulmodel, but I've noticed that for smaller type links like T-26, Pz. I, Pz. II, Pz. 38(t), etc. Modelkasten links are much easier to work with. Either though is FAR superior to the crap that is provided with the kit. You will be surprised at how much better your model looks using the indy links.
yagdpanzer
Visit this Community
Ohio, United States
KitMaker: 415 posts
Armorama: 231 posts
Posted: Tuesday, March 18, 2003 - 08:08 AM UTC
My Italeri T-26 is in limbo at this point. I made the mistake of trying the kit tracks while waiting for a set of RPM injection molded tracks. SNAP,CRACKLE, POP!!

Suspension parts went evey where. Now I'm trying to get new suspension parts from Italeri to re-build the bogies. By the way, don't mount the bogies per the kit instructions

I don'y know if the RPM tracks are accurate, but they are well molded with minimal flash. For US $5.00, they're a heck of a deal. I just can't bring myself to buy a set of tracks that cost more than the kit!

Selrach
Visit this Community
Indiana, United States
Posted: Tuesday, March 18, 2003 - 05:31 PM UTC

Quoted Text

I don'y know if the RPM tracks are accurate, but they are well molded with minimal flash. For US $5.00, they're a heck of a deal. I just can't bring myself to buy a set of tracks that cost more than the kit!

That's one concern I had... The price of the tracks. Guess I'll look into the RPM tracks. I'm not too woried if I have to pay as much as the model IF they look good and are the only option, but I'll be honest #:-) I'm one cheap SOB at heart.

Any other info on the RPM or other options?
avukich
Visit this Community
Virginia, United States
KitMaker: 760 posts
Armorama: 0 posts
Posted: Wednesday, March 19, 2003 - 12:48 AM UTC
The RPM tracks are o.k. They require more cleanup and are harder to work with since they are not workable, but they are definately a step up from the kit tracks. If you are a "cheap SOB" as you call yourself, then these are the tracks for you. I on the other hand try to use nothing, but the best so I will pay for the Friulmodel and Modelkasten tracks. We each approach the hobby in our own ways. If you really want to be a cheap SOB get the RPM tracks from NKR in Australia. They are cheap as dirt.
 _GOTOTOP