_GOTOBOTTOM
Armor/AFV: IDF [Israeli Defense Forces]
Armor and AFVs of the IDF army from 1947-today.
Hosted by Darren Baker
M38
Easy_Co
Visit this Community
England - South East, United Kingdom
KitMaker: 1,933 posts
Armorama: 985 posts
Posted: Friday, June 08, 2007 - 06:28 AM UTC
Hi all,Ive just sent off for a Skybow M38 with the recoiless rifle on it,could it be used as a IDF vehicle or would I have to do a major conversion.thanks for any help.
WarWheels
Visit this Community
Illinois, United States
KitMaker: 1,816 posts
Armorama: 1,402 posts
Posted: Friday, June 08, 2007 - 07:25 AM UTC
The IDF vehicles were modified from the Jeep CJ5's. A bit different as the CJ5 was a civy vehicle, so you'll need to do work to make it accurate.

Or, Accurate Armour has a conversion set available. See http://www.accurate-armour.com/ShowProduct.cfm?manufacturer=0&category=66&subcategory=40&product=86

FYI, to be completely up front, AA is a sponsor of WarWheels.net.
zapper
Visit this Community
Skåne, Sweden
KitMaker: 745 posts
Armorama: 734 posts
Posted: Friday, June 08, 2007 - 08:06 AM UTC
Hi John

I'm currently working on an Israeli CJ-5/RR using the Skybow kit and AA conversion. Most of the conversion have been used as template for updating the Skybow parts/schratch building parts becourse of some quality issues with the resin stuff. Really, it's not that hard to do it all by yourself. Also, after studying pictures, I have been making some corrections not mentioned in the AA instructions.

Drop me an e-mail and I'll send the pictures I've found.

And BTW: to answer your first question. Yes, you can build the Skybow kit pretty much from the box. Among all the 'second hand' equipment that IDF has used during the years, conquered during various wars, they used ex-Jordanian M38A1C (aswell as M151A1C's).

/E
Easy_Co
Visit this Community
England - South East, United Kingdom
KitMaker: 1,933 posts
Armorama: 985 posts
Posted: Saturday, June 09, 2007 - 05:41 AM UTC
Hi guy, thanks for the replies,think I might go out of the box because I want to pair it up with a M51 so I could possibly get away with a captured vehicle,I had a look at A.A.'s conversion its the same price as the kit so I wont bother going down that route.Many thanks for the help.
zapper
Visit this Community
Skåne, Sweden
KitMaker: 745 posts
Armorama: 734 posts
Posted: Saturday, June 09, 2007 - 09:18 PM UTC
Good luck with the project.
Drop me a line on evr(at)telia.com if you want me to send one or two pictures thad might be of use.

Cheers
/E
 _GOTOTOP