_GOTOBOTTOM
Яusso-Soviэt Forum: Cold War Soviet Armor
For discussions related to cold war era Russo-Soviet armor.
Help With BMP2 Please
squeeky1968
Visit this Community
England - East Anglia, United Kingdom
KitMaker: 315 posts
Armorama: 232 posts
Posted: Friday, June 08, 2007 - 06:39 AM UTC
Hi Gang,
Just bought the Hobbycraft BMP2,and horror of horrors what a kit.Those of you who know of this kit know what a monster it is (cue appropriate creepy music !!) If anyone out there can offer any tips to improve this kit without spending a fortune on aftermarket stuff i would be grateful.
Jacques
Visit this Community
Minnesota, United States
KitMaker: 4,630 posts
Armorama: 4,498 posts
Posted: Sunday, June 10, 2007 - 03:06 PM UTC
I really hate to say this Dan, but that is a BAD kit. It is one of the few kits I would toss in the bin, and that is saying a lot coming from me! I looked over one a few years ago and it is at least two steps backward from the DML/Esci versions.

You would do better to break out the plastic card and scratchbuild one compared to what you would have to do to the kit to make it accurate.

However, it would make a good starter kit for a kid or as a experimentation piece for new building/painting techniques, so not ALL is lost.

But sorry you "got" the kit, or it got you, however you want to look at it!

Now, if you want something more constructive than that, because you really want to give it a go, let us all know here and we will see what we can do to help you out.
squeeky1968
Visit this Community
England - East Anglia, United Kingdom
KitMaker: 315 posts
Armorama: 232 posts
Posted: Monday, June 11, 2007 - 06:06 AM UTC
Hi Jaques,
Many thanks for the e-mail,i`ll have a bash at it and leave a few "mails" as i go along.I plan on getting the Osprey book on it and hope this helps !!.
Cheers Mate,Danny.
 _GOTOTOP