_GOTOBOTTOM
Armor/AFV: Allied - WWII
Armor and ground forces of the Allied forces during World War II.
Hosted by Darren Baker
M-5 Stuart interior
airwarrior
Visit this Community
New Jersey, United States
KitMaker: 2,085 posts
Armorama: 1,227 posts
Posted: Monday, March 17, 2003 - 02:40 PM UTC
Who sells a reasonably priced stuart interior? I've got a stuart with a couple of spare crew from my sherman and need to make sure i've got an interior just in case youcan see it.Btw does anybody make reasonably priced A/m tracks for a stuart ( M-5)
Deacon
Visit this Community
United States
KitMaker: 45 posts
Armorama: 0 posts
Posted: Monday, March 17, 2003 - 04:03 PM UTC
Hello,

Just so happens that I am working on a M5A1 myself. I used the Verlinden interior and exterior detail sets. There are some other exterior detail sets out there but I don;t know of any other interior sets at the moment. For tracks I am using the AFV Club Steel Cleat individual link tracks on my M5A1. They are a bit tedious to work with and have a sink hole on the backside of each link that you need to sand down and fill. So it does take some clean up time. But the look can't be beat. As an alternative you could pick up an Academy M3 Honey and use the vinyl tracks or the individual link tracks they also give you in the same kit. A plus on Honey kit for sure.

On my model I decided not to try and correct the hull length as it is a bit short. I did add the weld seam to the sides as well as the bolt detail and that was it. Hopefully one day soon Academy or AFV will release an all new M5and M5A1 for us.!!!!

Best wishes on your project and have fun!
Deacon :-) :-) :-)
blaster76
Visit this Community
Texas, United States
KitMaker: 8,985 posts
Armorama: 3,034 posts
Posted: Monday, March 17, 2003 - 08:31 PM UTC
Presently working on the M-3 but I do have the M-5 Thanks for the info regarding the tracks, hadn't really looked at the M5 much as I got the honey at the same time and well...she's a honey of a kit
 _GOTOTOP