_GOTOBOTTOM
Яusso-Soviэt Forum
Russian or Soviet vehicles/armor modeling forum.
T-34 references -Wyndawnictwo Militaria?
Wingtsun
Visit this Community
British Columbia, Canada
KitMaker: 295 posts
Armorama: 259 posts
Posted: Monday, June 11, 2007 - 12:55 PM UTC
Is there an online review of the four volume soft cover set on the T-34 published by Poland's Wyndawnictwo Militaria?

How does it compare to heavy hard cover " T-34 Mythical Weapon" by Robert Michulec?

Kiyatkin
Visit this Community
Maryland, United States
KitMaker: 291 posts
Armorama: 284 posts
Posted: Monday, June 11, 2007 - 03:28 PM UTC
The set of 4 books is based on the Russian Frontline Illustration (FI) publications. They are very nice with factual info and little editorial intermissions. The plans are very good. The trouble with that set is that it is only in Polish or Russian. The Mythical Weapon book is full of great photos and the plans are for the most part good as well. The text is in ENGLISH, which is very nice, but the content is slightly aged (compared to FI books) and some editorial comments by the author are not useful. The FI books also do not focus on 85mm version as much as the Mythical Weapon book. In the end, if you can afford both, get both. They offer slightly different things. If you cannot afford both, it really depends on your needs. HTH, Dmitry
Wingtsun
Visit this Community
British Columbia, Canada
KitMaker: 295 posts
Armorama: 259 posts
Posted: Monday, June 11, 2007 - 05:31 PM UTC
Thank You Dimitry
Your comment about the focus between the 76mm vs 85mm gun versions between the two books my impression. I had the chance to quickly flip thru the pages of Robert Michulec's book and the WM booklets. I think i will buy both of them (not all at once of course!).

_GOTOTOP