Hosted by Darren Baker
Attic Treasure
Shadowfax
Visit this Community
Michigan, United States
KitMaker: 389 posts
Armorama: 351 posts
Posted: Tuesday, June 12, 2007 - 05:43 PM UTC
I was cleaning out my attic for a home improvement project when I opened a box and I found a 'gem'. Tank Workshops M123, 10-ton tractor!

Has anyone built this kit? Is there any 'tricks' or 'problems' I should be aware of?

Any good reference material other than the usual Google Image search?

"I am as giddy as a school girl" to build this one.
strathcona
Visit this Community
Alberta, Canada
KitMaker: 30 posts
Armorama: 27 posts
Posted: Tuesday, June 12, 2007 - 06:23 PM UTC
Hello,
I am sure you have a real gem there . I haven't built the kit ,and have no idea what it is like . But as your " search engine " , try " dogpile " , it combines google , yahoo , etc . , into one research tool . Just type in dogpile , once in , type in what you are looking for and away you go ! I hope this helps , and Happy Modelling !
Frank
Frenchy
Visit this Community
Rhone, France
KitMaker: 12,719 posts
Armorama: 12,507 posts
Posted: Tuesday, June 12, 2007 - 07:11 PM UTC
Hi Mark

There are some nice M123C pics on Tanxheaven

HTH
Frenchy
Shadowfax
Visit this Community
Michigan, United States
KitMaker: 389 posts
Armorama: 351 posts
Posted: Tuesday, June 12, 2007 - 11:58 PM UTC
Thanks for the references guys. Dogpile turned up some nice vintage photos, always a great find.
sapper141
Visit this Community
Alberta, Canada
KitMaker: 41 posts
Armorama: 32 posts
Posted: Wednesday, June 13, 2007 - 01:33 PM UTC
Hi Mark
When I but the 123 a few years ago there were a few faults I found. But nothing a little bit effort wont fix. You'll want to grab the AFV culb duece though. I found this useful to replace things like the seats, steering wheel, windshield. The instructions can be a little vague in places and I had some warpage of parts that I replaced scratchbuilt parts. One other thing to look out for is the exhaust pipes can sit too high under the hood these will have to be shaved down.
Hope this doesn't scare you off of the project, as was said good ref shots can be found a tanxheaven. You cancheck out mine if you're interested.
http://news.webshots.com/album/219849710rjjKKH
Seeya Shane
m75
Visit this Community
California, United States
KitMaker: 666 posts
Armorama: 661 posts
Posted: Wednesday, June 13, 2007 - 02:39 PM UTC
Mark, that TWS M123 was my first resin kit. There was a fairly complete build article in Military Miniatures in Review, but I cannot recall the edition number. It really made the build manageable, as the kit instructions were rather incomplete. I also recommend using the Eduard M35 PE set, as well as some pieces from the AFV M32 kit. That first kit is still setting in my display case, hoping against hope that it might be joined by an appropriate M15 trailer to pull along merrily down Highway 1, dragging a mine-damaged Sheridan back to a rebuild facility! Some day.........
blaster76
Visit this Community
Texas, United States
KitMaker: 8,985 posts
Armorama: 3,034 posts
Posted: Thursday, June 14, 2007 - 05:30 AM UTC
I built this puppy several years back. It is a very very tough kit to build. The directions suck and I too had to rely on a lot of photos. But, when all is said and done, It turned out great. As to an m15a1 trailer. Find a real cheap kit of the old Peerless Max Dragon Wagon. Replace the wheels with the Tank Workshop dragon wagon wheels and you have a pretty close to correct traler at a reasonble price. I got mine on ebay. I threw the rest of the kit out. I've got my m60 round turret conversion parked on it
 _GOTOTOP