_GOTOBOTTOM
Armor/AFV: British Armor
Discuss all types of British Armor of all eras.
Hosted by Darren Baker
Bronco Models Humber SC review up at PMMS!
Pedro
Visit this Community
Wojewodztwo Pomorskie, Poland
KitMaker: 1,208 posts
Armorama: 1,023 posts
Posted: Wednesday, June 13, 2007 - 02:36 AM UTC
Sorry if this was already posted but...: http://www.perthmilitarymodelling.com/reviews/vehicles/bronco/cb35009.html

Oooh, I want one!
I love them, no matter how long they made us wait for their kits , it's just getting better and better.
Power to them for the subject choices, details and fit (I've just put together their Comet and have a Hotchkiss waiting in the stash).
Hey, and they don't have a single strictly german vehicle in their catalogue, scarry huh?

Cheers
Greg
bydand
Visit this Community
England - East Midlands, United Kingdom
KitMaker: 278 posts
Armorama: 167 posts
Posted: Wednesday, June 13, 2007 - 03:03 AM UTC
Hi Guys,

This is my reply to the same thread on ML:

Ok chaps,

Time to rain on a few parades (or not if Bronco read this) I've just been onto Lucky model in Hong Kong, they haven't got a clue when it's going to be in store.

Now as Bronco are manufactiured at
Workshop 16A, 25/F Well Fung Industrial Centre,
68 Ta Chuen Ping Street, Kwai Chung, N.T. Hong Kong.
and Lucky model are at:
Room 11, 3/F, Mansfield Industrial Center, 19 Hong Yip Street, Yuen Long, N.T. Hong Kong
The distance between the two must be all of ten miles!

I had no end of hassel in Hong Kong last year trying to get hold of a Bronco Comet, I couldn't

So don't hold your breath as to when it'll be available.

Sorry

Craig

Since then I've also mailed Bronco, no reply as yet. I want at least two of these and quite probably more (Actually thinking about it I'm now up to five)
so perhaps if someone from Bronco was to get a copyof this thread they might actually ship the b****y things

Cheers

Craig

RedwingNev
Visit this Community
KitMaker: 911 posts
Armorama: 348 posts
Posted: Wednesday, June 13, 2007 - 03:37 AM UTC
Looks great. Not sure about the rubber tyres, but I imagine someone will produce a resin set (just adds more £££ to the cost though )
210cav
Visit this Community
Virginia, United States
KitMaker: 6,149 posts
Armorama: 4,573 posts
Posted: Wednesday, June 13, 2007 - 03:47 AM UTC
Well, HobbyLink Japan has them at USD $39 + shipping. They closed out the pre buy because they met or exceeded their quota. Seems like an exhorbitant amount for a vehicle that size....
DJ
bydand
Visit this Community
Posted: Wednesday, June 13, 2007 - 04:12 AM UTC
DJ

Hannants in the UK has them at £ 22.99 +postage = $ 45.35 + postage from HLJ $ 39 + postage = £ 19.76 + postage. Any idea of prices in the States? At a rough guess LM will beat both.

Cheers

Craig
AlanL
Visit this Community
England - East Anglia, United Kingdom
KitMaker: 14,499 posts
Armorama: 11,675 posts
Posted: Wednesday, June 13, 2007 - 04:27 AM UTC
Glad the review is out, looking forward to this one very much.

Al
210cav
Visit this Community
Virginia, United States
Posted: Wednesday, June 13, 2007 - 05:27 AM UTC

Quoted Text

DJ

Hannants in the UK has them at £ 22.99 +postage = $ 45.35 + postage from HLJ $ 39 + postage = £ 19.76 + postage. Any idea of prices in the States? At a rough guess LM will beat both.

Cheers

Craig

Craig-- I checked all my sources and I cannot find anyone who even has an advanced sale on it outside of HobbyLink Japan. Lucky Models and Squadron do not list it. I am still running down some sources. If I find a price I will let you know. Once again that is a lot of money for such a small sized kit. However, Great Models is taking advanced sales on the Trumpeter German Bridge Layer ($44.95 + shipping). Compare that to the Bronco price for a small scout car!!!!
DJ
bydand
Visit this Community
Posted: Wednesday, June 13, 2007 - 10:23 PM UTC
DJ.

I've mailed silvia at lucky and she's going to let me know when it's in, although based on Bronco's history I might well end up getting one at Telford rather than waiting for them to deliver the vast distance in HK,

Craig
Halfyank
Visit this Community
Colorado, United States
KitMaker: 5,221 posts
Armorama: 1,245 posts
Posted: Thursday, June 14, 2007 - 12:37 AM UTC
The review does make it sound like a very good kit. I like the fact it has an early model Thompson SMG, with vertical front hand grip and drum magazine. The price does seem a bit high, for such a small vehicle, but you do have to factor in it includes a resin figure. That could cost $10 if bought by itself so that does bring the perceived price of the unit down a bit. The PE and extra gear also adds to the value. Market pressure will tell Bronco if they've over priced it. For myself I'll probably get it, probably with a discount coupon at the LHS, when it arrives.

210cav
Visit this Community
Virginia, United States
Posted: Thursday, June 14, 2007 - 01:48 AM UTC

Quoted Text

The review does make it sound like a very good kit. I like the fact it has an early model Thompson SMG, with vertical front hand grip and drum magazine. The price does seem a bit high, for such a small vehicle, but you do have to factor in it includes a resin figure. That could cost $10 if bought by itself so that does bring the perceived price of the unit down a bit. The PE and extra gear also adds to the value. Market pressure will tell Bronco if they've over priced it. For myself I'll probably get it, probably with a discount coupon at the LHS, when it arrives.

Rodger-- that's what I like about you. Always looking on the bright side.
DJ
bydand
Visit this Community
Posted: Thursday, June 14, 2007 - 09:27 PM UTC
DJ,

Got mail from Silvia at Lucky, they will have them in stock in mid-july and are taking pre-orders now. 26.99 USD + shipping = £ 13.69 + shipping. now I can live with that (Actually ordered two)

Still no reply from Bronco Though.

Craig
harrier1
Visit this Community
England - West Midlands, United Kingdom
KitMaker: 613 posts
Armorama: 484 posts
Posted: Thursday, June 14, 2007 - 11:32 PM UTC
Wow, I was just going to order myself an SKP Humber but after seeing this I think I will wait, it looks pretty nice! Nick
210cav
Visit this Community
Virginia, United States
Posted: Thursday, June 14, 2007 - 11:47 PM UTC

Quoted Text

DJ,

Got mail from Silvia at Lucky, they will have them in stock in mid-july and are taking pre-orders now. 26.99 USD + shipping = £ 13.69 + shipping. now I can live with that (Actually ordered two)

Craig

Craig-- many thanks. I can live with that price.
DJ
Brigandine
Visit this Community
Dunedin, New Zealand
KitMaker: 553 posts
Armorama: 312 posts
Posted: Friday, June 15, 2007 - 12:33 AM UTC
Just read the review today; can't wait for the opportunity to wrap my paws around one or more. Interesting site PMMS has as a reference:
http://www.warwheels.net/index.html
tankmodeler
Visit this Community
Ontario, Canada
KitMaker: 3,123 posts
Armorama: 2,539 posts
Posted: Friday, June 15, 2007 - 08:53 AM UTC

Quoted Text

Wow, I was just going to order myself an SKP Humber but after seeing this I think I will wait, it looks pretty nice! Nick

I received a SKP Humber for review (to be posted within the week) but I can tell you from building it that I honestly can't recommend the SKP kit to anyone. The detail is virtually nonexistent, the plastic is like butter, there are almost no locating points so alignment of critical items like the suspension is dodgy at the very best, almost all the parts are monsterously thick and there are several fit problems. There are no interior bits and the cost is not different enough from Bronco to make it worthwhile to buy SKP over Bronco.

Pity as I was pulling for SKP.

Paul
Visit this Community
California, United States
KitMaker: 1,141 posts
Armorama: 950 posts
Posted: Friday, June 15, 2007 - 09:33 AM UTC

Quoted Text

DJ,

Craig

Craig,
Give Rubin at Bronco a bit of time to respond. While sometimes a bit slow, he'll reply and will be quite friendly about it.

Chris "toadman" Hughes
Toadman's Tank Pictures
bydand
Visit this Community
Posted: Friday, June 15, 2007 - 09:53 PM UTC
Chris,

I'm in no rush for a reply from Bronco as I've already had a reply from Silvia at lucky, it was just that when I was trying to get a Comet in HK last year it was impossible and ended up with another manufacturer (Russel at IMA) getting two for me. I just can't understand why it's so difficult to get stuff from Bronco in Hong Kong.

Cheers

Craig
bydand
Visit this Community
Posted: Wednesday, August 22, 2007 - 11:32 PM UTC
Just thought I'd bump this up,

Mine arrived from Lucky on Monday, looks like a lovley little kit. LM have no idea about the Staghound, Raymond told me that they have to wait for the overseas orders to be filled first. Never did get a reply from Bronco though.

Cheers

Craig
RedwingNev
Visit this Community
KitMaker: 911 posts
Armorama: 348 posts
Posted: Thursday, August 23, 2007 - 12:39 AM UTC
Yeah, I picked one up at the Waddington Airshow, looks a great kit (box is massively oversized though).

As for the Staghound, friends who were at the Doncaster model show last weekend said a few traders had it, so it is out there.
bydand
Visit this Community
Posted: Thursday, August 23, 2007 - 02:08 AM UTC
Neil,

You're right about the box. I thought that Raymond had sent me an extra Dora
#I'm tempted to do a blog on this if anyone's interested?

Craig
JimF
Visit this Community
Texas, United States
KitMaker: 717 posts
Armorama: 621 posts
Posted: Thursday, August 23, 2007 - 02:39 AM UTC

Quoted Text

Neil,

You're right about the box. I thought that Raymond had sent me an extra Dora
#I'm tempted to do a blog on this if anyone's interested?

Craig

Definitely would be interested, please do a blog!
kevinb120
Visit this Community
Virginia, United States
KitMaker: 1,349 posts
Armorama: 1,267 posts
Posted: Thursday, August 23, 2007 - 08:39 AM UTC

Quoted Text

Looks great. Not sure about the rubber tyres, but I imagine someone will produce a resin set (just adds more £££ to the cost though )

You mean like those typical resin sets that simply take the kit ones and make dead copies, only with more prep work and less consistancy?
Pedro
Visit this Community
Wojewodztwo Pomorskie, Poland
KitMaker: 1,208 posts
Armorama: 1,023 posts
Posted: Thursday, August 23, 2007 - 08:59 AM UTC
Craig,
Although I started mine recently, I'd be really interested to se your blog on the Humber (mine won't get much progress as my compressor just died).

I have also checked the tyres in my Humber and they are made of quite hard type of vinyl, also easily sandable so no problem with seams (which are really minor, if any). No ned for resin replacement IMHO

Cheers
Greg
 _GOTOTOP