_GOTOBOTTOM
Яusso-Soviэt Forum: Cold War Soviet Armor
For discussions related to cold war era Russo-Soviet armor.
T90 turret
arpikaszabo
Visit this Community
Praha, Czech Republic
KitMaker: 674 posts
Armorama: 637 posts
Posted: Wednesday, June 13, 2007 - 05:56 AM UTC
I am thinking of a t-90 conversion. I have already heard that the tamiya kit has the wrong turret. Which turret should I use, would the Dragon one be OK or should I buy it AM? Thanks for the help in advance
Kiyatkin
Visit this Community
Maryland, United States
KitMaker: 291 posts
Armorama: 284 posts
Posted: Wednesday, June 13, 2007 - 10:22 AM UTC
I think the easiest way is to get the miniarm sets - the front hull, turret, and tracks. I would throw in the Eduard etched set as well. See http://www.miniarm.com/miniarm for details. It is all very good stuff, but the cost of final model is over $200! HTH, Dmitry
arpikaszabo
Visit this Community
Praha, Czech Republic
Posted: Wednesday, June 13, 2007 - 07:21 PM UTC

Quoted Text

I think the easiest way is to get the miniarm sets - the front hull, turret, and tracks. I would throw in the Eduard etched set as well. See http://www.miniarm.com/miniarm for details. It is all very good stuff, but the cost of final model is over $200! HTH, Dmitry

Thanks for the answer, the final cost is probably why I am asking this.
Luty
Visit this Community
Russia
KitMaker: 310 posts
Armorama: 299 posts
Posted: Thursday, June 14, 2007 - 05:42 AM UTC
MINIARM...only!
You can ask him directly......http://www.miniarm.com/miniarm/?miniarm=contacts
All the best!
Taras.
arpikaszabo
Visit this Community
Praha, Czech Republic
Posted: Thursday, June 14, 2007 - 07:05 AM UTC
Thank your for your answer. I read that the t-90 is closely related to the t-72b and the basic turret shape has not changed. I thought that I could buy an AM t72b turret and scratchbuild the shtora and the reactive armour. I saw that Modelpoint makes ERA especially for the t90. Does anyone have experience with these sets?
oldpainless
Visit this Community
Arequipa, Peru
KitMaker: 26 posts
Armorama: 25 posts
Posted: Thursday, June 14, 2007 - 03:50 PM UTC
Hi Arpad

Miniarm makes an T-72 b turret, too.

I think that t-90 turret is arround US$50,and T-72b arround US$45, so you will only save $5, I would suggest you to get the t-90 turret directly ( jeje But it's only my opinion), by the way if you buy the miniarm turrets in luckymodel.com, you will get a free shipping worlwide.....

hope to see some photos of your t-90 here..

Best Regards

Erick
woodstock74
Visit this Community
North Carolina, United States
KitMaker: 1,189 posts
Armorama: 692 posts
Posted: Thursday, June 14, 2007 - 03:56 PM UTC

Quoted Text

Hi Arpad

by the way if you buy the miniarm turrets in luckymodel.com, you will get a free shipping worlwide.....

What's up with that? Is this something new from Lucky Model?
woodstock74
Visit this Community
Posted: Thursday, June 14, 2007 - 11:01 PM UTC

Quoted Text

Quoted Text

Hi Arpad

by the way if you buy the miniarm turrets in luckymodel.com, you will get a free shipping worlwide.....

What's up with that? Is this something new from Lucky Model?

To answer my own question...yes, Lucky Model is now shipping select product lines free, Miniarm being one of them. And on top of all that, they currently have a 10% off coupon for orders over $50. So I just purchased Miniarm's T-90 turret and hull upgrade for $81.88 total! Can't beat that anywhere! Now I will have to post up on eBay my in progress Terre Models T-90 kit...that one was leaving me very dissapointed but I'm sure some one will make something of it.

oldpainless
Visit this Community
Arequipa, Peru
KitMaker: 26 posts
Armorama: 25 posts
Posted: Sunday, June 17, 2007 - 10:48 AM UTC

Quoted Text

To answer my own question...yes, Lucky Model is now shipping select product lines free, Miniarm being one of them. And on top of all that, they currently have a 10% off coupon for orders over $50. So I just purchased Miniarm's T-90 turret and hull upgrade for $81.88 total! Can't beat that anywhere!

Yep, it's a good deal...

Hope to see some pictures of your T-90 here... Mike

Regards
woodstock74
Visit this Community
Posted: Sunday, June 17, 2007 - 11:29 AM UTC

Quoted Text

Quoted Text

To answer my own question...yes, Lucky Model is now shipping select product lines free, Miniarm being one of them. And on top of all that, they currently have a 10% off coupon for orders over $50. So I just purchased Miniarm's T-90 turret and hull upgrade for $81.88 total! Can't beat that anywhere!

Yep, it's a good deal...

Hope to see some pictures of your T-90 here... Mike

Regards

The pressure's on then! Funnily enough I had assigned myself to getting the Miniarm one when the Terre Models T-90 kits left me pulling my hair out. So as I had made some head way with it and purchased some after market bits (model point ERA, ali- barrel) I was going to put the Terre Models in-progress kit on eBay. Was looking at it last night and what did I forget? That the turret was gravity seated...flipped it over to look at the bottom and the turret dropped on the floor, parts went every where...
arpikaszabo
Visit this Community
Praha, Czech Republic
Posted: Sunday, June 17, 2007 - 08:28 PM UTC
Thanks for the replies. I almost bought the terremodels convesion. Miniarm then, pennyless again
 _GOTOTOP