_GOTOBOTTOM
Armor/AFV: IDF [Israeli Defense Forces]
Armor and AFVs of the IDF army from 1947-today.
Hosted by Darren Baker
Some Nagmachon doghouse questions
Figure_11
Visit this Community
Ontario, Canada
KitMaker: 85 posts
Armorama: 50 posts
Posted: Thursday, June 14, 2007 - 03:29 AM UTC
hey everyone,

I recently picked up A.E.F. designs Nagmachon kit (KC-25).

1st, From the photo's I've found, the pillbox on the kit looks too tall to my naked eye . Does anyone have measurements of the superstructure (the octagonal version, ideally excluding the height with hatches, periscopes, etc... ). I thought maybe I could try using the roof from the AEF kit's pillbox and building the sides and details from sheet styrene... Having said that, any advice on what thickness styrene I'd want to use?

2nd, Dose any one have some close up photos of the screens used to cover the windows showing the pattern of the mesh? Do any of the PE companies sell mesh sheets that would be at least a close approximation? (Eduard sets 00112 and 00109 look like possibilities...)

3rd, What's inside that "doghouse" are there any photos available showing the interior?

4th, when the AEF site mentions "Super Armor", is this referring to the ERA blocks that are sometimes fitted to the front hull of the Nagmachon around the driver's hatch, under the front of pillbox, on the glacis, etc (as seen in the 2nd photo here: http://www.israeli-weapons.com/weapons/vehicles/engineer_vehicles/nagmachon/Nagmachon.html)? does any one have opinions on, or even better, photos, showing the AEF kits 'KI-118-"Nagmashon" Super armor' and 'KI-117 - IDF Centurion "APC" reactive armor' ?
iowacentral
Visit this Community
Iowa, United States
KitMaker: 121 posts
Armorama: 115 posts
Posted: Wednesday, June 20, 2007 - 01:09 AM UTC
Here are two sites that might help

Sentinal - www.mheaust.com.au covers aussie as well as israeli
israeli-weapons.com covers all aspects of israeli military. has lots of photos and videos.
hope this helps.
Scott
 _GOTOTOP