_GOTOBOTTOM
Яusso-Soviэt Forum
Russian or Soviet vehicles/armor modeling forum.
Modeling Trumpter KV-2 minus side fenders
musicwerks
Visit this Community
Singapore / 新加坡
KitMaker: 375 posts
Armorama: 335 posts
Posted: Thursday, June 14, 2007 - 04:59 AM UTC
Dear friends,

I am new to the Russo-Soviet forums and KV-2.

I am at the finishing stages of my trumpeter KV-2 (easy build but nice I must say ).

I wanted a more rugged trumpter KV-2 minus the side fenders (similar to the one defending Krupp works used as last ditch effort by Germans).

a) Do I have to attach the side hooks for tow cable to the body even in the abscence of side fenders?

b) Do I patch up the 3 rectangular holes for attaching side skirt? is there a need to sand off the details of the attaching plates that were suppose to hold the fenders (for trumper kit)

Thanks
Music
Alpha7
Visit this Community
Kuala Lumpur, Malaysia
KitMaker: 31 posts
Armorama: 19 posts
Posted: Thursday, June 14, 2007 - 01:52 PM UTC
I'm not sure if I fully understand your questions but:

a) The side hooks (I assume you meant this) would most likely have been removed by the crew since it would interfere with the operation of the tank. However, the little bit that is welded onto the chassis will probably remain

b) From my observations, the fenders don't appear to be welded to the chassis of the tank. They are held in place by the triangular frames so when the fenders are removed the sides of the tank is smooth.
Plasticbattle
Visit this Community
Donegal, Ireland
KitMaker: 9,763 posts
Armorama: 7,444 posts
Posted: Friday, June 15, 2007 - 07:08 AM UTC
Hi Lester. As far as I can see, the side hulls are pretty smooth with no holes, so fill in those positioning holes and remove the details for aligning the fenders. With the fenders removed, traces could be left where the supports were ripped off and the weathering would be slightly different ... pre and after fenders! A defining line here can make a nice effect!
Some images for discussion purposes only.

When I get around to my KV2, Im planning to leave off the fenders as well, thats why I have these saved!!
 _GOTOTOP