_GOTOBOTTOM
Яusso-Soviэt Forum: Cold War Soviet Armor
For discussions related to cold war era Russo-Soviet armor.
SKIF T-64BM-2
oldpainless
Visit this Community
Arequipa, Peru
KitMaker: 26 posts
Armorama: 25 posts
Posted: Thursday, June 14, 2007 - 02:09 PM UTC
Hello Everybody

'I'm interested in this model, but I haven't found many info about it.... Does it come wIth PE parts and Resin?? How good is it?

I would be thankful if somebody of the forum could give me some info..pictures would be great..!!

Best Regard!!

Erick
Kiyatkin
Visit this Community
Maryland, United States
KitMaker: 291 posts
Armorama: 284 posts
Posted: Thursday, June 14, 2007 - 03:35 PM UTC
Comes with resin and etched parts. Tracks are terrible. Turret is not accurate. I would get the kit, but also get the SP designs conversion for BM2 and MiniArm tracks. Comes to a pretty pricey model and still a bear to built I think! HTH, Dmitry
Jacques
Visit this Community
Minnesota, United States
KitMaker: 4,630 posts
Armorama: 4,498 posts
Posted: Thursday, June 14, 2007 - 04:31 PM UTC
Not to be a big rain cloud, but this is not the easiest version of the T-64 to build (well, really, none of them are right now... ) I would just buy the T-64B, the SP Designs conversion, and the Eduard PE. New tracks are a MUST! Maybe the Eduard or Model Point metal barrel as well, if you want.

And I agree with Dmitry, it is a challenge to build. The more I work with SKIF kits, the more I wish DML would take an interest in Eastern European vehicles! Or that Zvezda would make these kits instead.
oldpainless
Visit this Community
Arequipa, Peru
KitMaker: 26 posts
Armorama: 25 posts
Posted: Sunday, June 17, 2007 - 11:03 AM UTC
Thanxs Guys ..I already heard that the Skif T-64 kit weren't the easiest one to build..jejje

But anyway when i asked how goo was it? I was talking more about the Resin Part ( kontak 5 and stuff) and PE parts....are they made by Skif or by other Manufacturer?

Erick

Kiyatkin
Visit this Community
Maryland, United States
KitMaker: 291 posts
Armorama: 284 posts
Posted: Wednesday, September 19, 2007 - 04:37 PM UTC
They are bad. I can send you my set if you are in US. Let me know, Dmitry
spongya
Staff MemberAssociate Editor
MODELGEEK
Visit this Community
Budapest, Hungary
KitMaker: 2,365 posts
Armorama: 1,709 posts
Posted: Friday, September 28, 2007 - 01:09 PM UTC
You know, by the time you finish putting all the AM together, there'll be no green plastic visible on the tank. Not to mention you've spent 4X as much money on the accessories than on the tank itself.

I want a 3-in-1 series in Eastern Block vehicles, please... please...
 _GOTOTOP