_GOTOBOTTOM
Armor/AFV: British Armor
Discuss all types of British Armor of all eras.
Hosted by Darren Baker
Tasca M4A4 - Any News?
AlanL
Visit this Community
England - East Anglia, United Kingdom
KitMaker: 14,499 posts
Armorama: 11,675 posts
Posted: Saturday, June 16, 2007 - 09:47 PM UTC
Hi Guys,

Am I right in thinking that Tasca have had an M4A4 on their books for release for some time? If so do we have any updated info on it?

Also on the M4A4, did Dragon ever fix the problems with their original kit and are they going to retool or re-release the M4A1?

Just thinking future builds.

Cheers

Al
exer
Visit this Community
Dublin, Ireland
KitMaker: 6,048 posts
Armorama: 4,619 posts
Posted: Sunday, June 17, 2007 - 03:56 AM UTC
Hi Alan
I don't know if Tasca ever formally announced they were going to release an M4A4. Based on the inclusion of various bits not needed for the firefly it seems obvious. As to when that's anyone's guess.
As to DML's M4A4 I think their policy is to include new sprues from their latest kits with reissues.

The M4A1 would be good with the new tooled turret and the suspension from the M4A2, but whether they'll do it- who knows?
AlanL
Visit this Community
Posted: Sunday, June 17, 2007 - 04:05 AM UTC
Hi Pat,

Thanks for that. I seem to recall seeing the box art for the Tasca M4A4 on their site a long time back. Just have to wait and see.

Thanks again.

Al
GeraldOwens
Visit this Community
Florida, United States
KitMaker: 3,736 posts
Armorama: 3,697 posts
Posted: Sunday, June 17, 2007 - 03:04 PM UTC
Dragon substantially retooled their Sherman VC Firefly when they released their third incarnation of the kit a couple of years ago. The turret front opening is lower now, the suspension is the correct mid-production version, and the lower hull length has been corrected. Still comes with styrene link to link tracks. Not as nice as Tasca, but certainly buildable.
This revised turret was also included in the re-release of the Sherman IC with the composite (hybrid) hull (though the rebox no longer includes a 75mm turret option). Reportedly, a retooled composite hull is scheduled for release later this year (the original had way too much texture).
AlanL
Visit this Community
Posted: Sunday, June 17, 2007 - 05:43 PM UTC
Hi Gerald,

Thanks, I'm up to speed on the Vc and Ic developments from Dragon. I was more interested in their M4A1 and if Tasca were actually going to bring out the M4A4, especially given the excellent reports of their Vc Firefly.

I'm planning some AVRs for the future and a good M4A4 would save me a bit of time and money. Have to say I'm an indi link fan as it gives good choise in track styles and I don't mind the fact that it takes me a bit longer to build the kits, added build time lol, lol.

I probably need to seek help

Cheers

Al
chefchris
Visit this Community
North Carolina, United States
KitMaker: 1,544 posts
Armorama: 1,464 posts
Posted: Friday, June 22, 2007 - 08:00 AM UTC
It hought the Tasca sherman was going to be an M4 variant? It would make sense to do the A4 though - just whip up the turret parts.

Chris
AlanL
Visit this Community
Posted: Friday, June 22, 2007 - 05:14 PM UTC
Hi Chris,

You may well be right on it being an M4, it was a long time ago I spotted the box, but as you sya an an A4 would be an easy adddition.

Thanks for that I'll put my memory loss down to the aging process

Al
desertfox42
Visit this Community
Texas, United States
KitMaker: 173 posts
Armorama: 139 posts
Posted: Saturday, June 23, 2007 - 05:50 AM UTC
ill keep an eye out
AlanL
Visit this Community
Posted: Sunday, June 24, 2007 - 12:39 AM UTC
Hi Gary,

I'm well aware of that, but I've swopped enough turrets thanks. The M4 which Chris mentioned is the kit I was refering to but I couldn't remember which version that I saw as it was a year or 18 months ago since I spotted it.

However, perhaps Tasca will do the turret for their M4A4 alter all. Who knows.

Al
 _GOTOTOP