_GOTOBOTTOM
Figures
Military figures of all shapes and sizes.
Female Figures
jimb
Visit this Community
New York, United States
KitMaker: 2,539 posts
Armorama: 238 posts
Posted: Wednesday, June 20, 2007 - 03:01 PM UTC
With the number of female soldiers in modern armies around the world, it's a wonder figure manufacturers don't have any (or at least I haven't sen any). The reason why I bring this up is I'm hoping to do a PATRIOT dio in the future. I was assigned to a PARTIOT battalion in the 1990s, and at least 1/4 of the battalion was female (all of our platoon leaders were in my battery). Does anyone know of any female soldier figuers in 1/35?

Jim
Johnston_RCR
Visit this Community
Ontario, Canada
KitMaker: 470 posts
Armorama: 367 posts
Posted: Wednesday, June 20, 2007 - 04:51 PM UTC
I thought I remembered a set of two female soldiers, but for the life of me I cannot find anything now.

The closest that I can think of comes from Legend. They make two Navy women pilots. You can buy them seperately or together as a set.
philseidelin
Visit this Community
Paris, France
KitMaker: 16 posts
Armorama: 9 posts
Posted: Wednesday, June 20, 2007 - 06:20 PM UTC
Hi,
Warriors has made a 2-figure set called US military females OIF (ref. WA35606). I try to insert a link but I'm not sure it works [url]https://www.squadron.com/ItemDetails.asp?item=WA35606]
I've seen a review of this set somewhere on the web (I thought it was here but I can't find it again)
Hope this helps
Cheers
Philippe
HONEYCUT
Visit this Community
Victoria, Australia
KitMaker: 4,002 posts
Armorama: 2,947 posts
Posted: Wednesday, June 20, 2007 - 07:50 PM UTC
Hey James
I'm not into modernstuff, but how noticeable would the body be as non-female once fully equipped? Reason being that Hornet makes a female headset, so if the bodies were passable...
Brad
jimb
Visit this Community
New York, United States
KitMaker: 2,539 posts
Armorama: 238 posts
Posted: Wednesday, June 20, 2007 - 11:25 PM UTC
Thanks for the help guys. I appreciate it.

I took a look at those OIF female soldiers, and they look like a nice kit, but a little too modern for what I need. Maybe that female head set.

As for the bodies, well, yes, under body armor you really wouldn't be able to tell that much in 1/35. Without the armor, well it depends on the woman. Female bodies are quite different then male bodies (thank God for that!). Also, most of the females in our battery were quite short. Most around 5'-1" to 5'-5", and they drove the HEMT-Ts! The tallest might have been 5'-7".

Jim
Stefan1580
Visit this Community
Berlin, Germany
KitMaker: 360 posts
Armorama: 354 posts
Posted: Thursday, June 21, 2007 - 12:08 AM UTC
Hi,

the manufacture SOL has a nice set with two female soldiers (MILITARY POLICEWOMAN 16th MP BDE GRENADA 1983) . They wearing berets and Standart BDUīs with M-16 rifles.
Also Legend have these two female pilots and the old Coree or Jaguar set now under Legend Logo for a Huey. Itīs one male and one female with old U.S.Cavalerie hat. Time period is more Vietnam. The two from Warriors OIF time period. If you need some heads than look at the hornet website. They have two or more sets with femle heads but they have no hair modeled on. So its on you to create some hair if you donīt want them look like Demi Morre in that Seals film :-). AEF Designs have Ripley in Combat and escape pose from the Alien Movies in 1/35 scale. Also the other guys from that movie.But i think they are not longer aviable. Preiser has a set with 6 males and 6 females in it. I think they are nude so give them some cloth.

Good luck with your Projekt.

Stefan
 _GOTOTOP