road block
ausboarder
Visit this Community
New South Wales, Australia
KitMaker: 162 posts
Armorama: 139 posts
Posted: Monday, June 25, 2007 - 05:42 PM UTC
hey guys,
i was making an O.I.F diorama and i wanted to make a road block, but i wasn't sure of what materials to use, if you have any ideas that'd be great

cheers,
smithy
MSGsummit
Visit this Community
Tennessee, United States
KitMaker: 751 posts
Armorama: 545 posts
Posted: Tuesday, June 26, 2007 - 12:28 AM UTC
Depends on what kind of road block. Aolt of times the road blocks for random check points are nothing more than a roll of concertina wire strung across the raod with a humvee, tank, bradley, or just a couple soldiers with small arms providing overwatch security. More elaborate once consist of concrete serpentines, and more solid obstacles.
battlefoxx
KitMaker: 17 posts
Armorama: 16 posts
Posted: Tuesday, June 26, 2007 - 04:46 AM UTC
hmm...check www.google.com
ausboarder
Visit this Community
New South Wales, Australia
KitMaker: 162 posts
Armorama: 139 posts
Posted: Tuesday, June 26, 2007 - 05:21 PM UTC
thanks summit, but if you watch black hawk down the "bad people" have road blocks to stop the M998's threw, i wanted something like that..

cheers
MSGsummit
Visit this Community
Tennessee, United States
KitMaker: 751 posts
Armorama: 545 posts
Posted: Thursday, June 28, 2007 - 08:25 AM UTC
Smithy,
I have never watched Blackhawk so I'm not really sure what you are trying to achieve. It's kind of hard to describe the types of road blocks we used in Iraq when I was over there other than what I already described. Unfortunately I did not take many pictures. Your best bet would probably be an image search on google. I also served in Somalia with the USMC. The roadblock we set up was nothing more than my Amtrack turned braodside in the middle of the road with a couple of gunts in the 2nd floor of the closest building. Of course our objective was to prevent all traffic from coming down that particular road. I do not recall any substantial roadblocks set up by the bad guys though.
 _GOTOTOP