_GOTOBOTTOM
Figures
Military figures of all shapes and sizes.
Project in the works, Figure
Manchu34
Visit this Community
Missouri, United States
KitMaker: 493 posts
Armorama: 361 posts
Posted: Thursday, March 20, 2003 - 09:14 PM UTC
Figured I'd trty my luck with 1/35 scale figures. This is a project in the works. I thought I'd try something different. I've always see figures in action, etc. What I decided to do is to create small dio with 2 figures, a fallen comrade who is covered by a pancho and the other renduring his final respect with a salute. I planning on titling it "Gone, But not forgotten. Here's the URL for all the current photos. http://train.missouri.org/~emgeer/Soldier.htm

And here's 2 photos. Sorry about the quality. My digital camera is not the best.

slodder
Visit this Community
North Carolina, United States
KitMaker: 11,718 posts
Armorama: 7,138 posts
Posted: Friday, March 21, 2003 - 01:44 AM UTC
Nice job for a new subject for you. The topic while somber is part of the reality of war.
I like the overall tone. The pictuers make it pretty hard to see detail on the figure. He does look well done. The hand skin tone may be a bit bright, again could be the photo.
One thing about the poncho is that the corners would drape to the ground at the bottom corners. Body bags are a bit stiffer and may stay 'up', I think a poncho would, being thinner, would drop to the ground. This could also depend on the ground work you plan to have.
Bombshell
Visit this Community
New York, United States
KitMaker: 293 posts
Armorama: 0 posts
Posted: Friday, March 21, 2003 - 02:01 AM UTC
WOW!!! That looks awesome Edward! If you hadn't said that the soldier was saluting his fallen brother I would swear that he was actually praying for him. Either way it looks just outstanding!

Cheers,

CDT Reimund Manneck
U.S. Army ROTC
Manchu34
Visit this Community
Missouri, United States
KitMaker: 493 posts
Armorama: 361 posts
Posted: Friday, March 21, 2003 - 09:05 AM UTC

Quoted Text

Slodder: The topic while somber is part of the reality of war.The pictuers make it pretty hard to see detail on the figure. He does look well done. The hand skin tone may be a bit bright

I would agree the topic is somber. But, that was my goal. Being a modeler and a retired combat veteran, I felt that we, in general, modelers build soldiers, vehicles, etc to highlight battles, fighting, heros, etc. However, the somber side of war is usually overlooked.

If I can ever get a better digtal camera that has a better resolution then the one I got, the details would be far better. Yes the pitcure does make the skin tones a little brighter then they actually are. However, taking them indoors, under lamp and flash does wash them out somewhat. I'm going to try to take some outdoors todday. Weather is finally being nice to me.

:-)
2-2dragoon
Visit this Community
Washington, United States
KitMaker: 608 posts
Armorama: 268 posts
Posted: Friday, March 21, 2003 - 09:44 AM UTC
I think that subjects such as this are very important for us. We should remember that when we make a tank that has been destroyed or a building that is in rubble someone probably died. I try not to trivialize anything I do regarding my work as I too am a veteran. Today (literally today) thousands of young men and women are standing up for what is right, regardless of what others say and some have died.

Good work... and keep it up. hmmmm... it may just give me an idea for a vignette.. thanks.
 _GOTOTOP