_GOTOBOTTOM
Site Talk
Site announcements, comments, or feedback about the site.
campaighns
airwarrior
Visit this Community
New Jersey, United States
KitMaker: 2,085 posts
Armorama: 1,227 posts
Posted: Friday, March 21, 2003 - 06:50 AM UTC
How do you start a campghin?I plan to start one as a dio contest:
Topic:Eureupean campaighn WW2 no specific theatre
Figs:No more than 10 figures in the dio
rules and regs:dio must be 24"by 24" or less.One vehicle must be in the dio.Dio may be an at rest dio or an action dio.No limit on spending or modification to the kits.
scoring:The dio will be judged by detail,how intriguing the scene the dio portrays is and how good the vehicle is.this will be judged by voting on.a participant can't vote for himself/herself.

I hope i can use this as a campaighn and wuold like to know how to start it.Thanks!
GunTruck
Visit this Community
California, United States
KitMaker: 5,885 posts
Armorama: 3,799 posts
Posted: Friday, March 21, 2003 - 07:11 AM UTC
Wish I could help you there Airwarrior - but - the whole Campaign process is mystifying to me too. It seems "easy" for others to get it going, however...

Gunnie
Roadkill
Visit this Community
Antwerpen, Belgium
KitMaker: 2,029 posts
Armorama: 822 posts
Posted: Friday, March 21, 2003 - 07:21 AM UTC
Airwarrior, I think you just started a campain :-)

Every campain here starts with a post like yours: I would like to ....

On that you will receive a lot of comments and suggestions/questions, after a while (you decide) you contact Jim, with a overview of the campain, the rules, voting, prices etc.. and he will start a campaing page for you.

At least, that is how I think it works

BroAbrams
Visit this Community
Washington, United States
KitMaker: 1,546 posts
Armorama: 1,081 posts
Posted: Friday, March 21, 2003 - 07:48 AM UTC
You need a catch. There needs to be something about this dio that makes it unique and challenging. Everyone has done the dio you are talking about, but the dio campaign currently going has the catch that it must have water in it. Not very many people have done water, so this is the challenge. If you really want people to rise to the occasion, then challenge them.

Rob
airwarrior
Visit this Community
Posted: Friday, March 21, 2003 - 07:52 AM UTC

Quoted Text

How do you start a campghin?I plan to start one as a dio contest:
Topic:Eureupean campaighn WW2 no specific theatre
Figs:No more than 10 figures in the dio
rules and regs:dio must be 24"by 24" or less.One vehicle must be in the dio.Dio may be an at rest dio or an action dio.No limit on spending or modification to the kits.
scoring:The dio will be judged by detail,how intriguing the scene the dio portrays is and how good the vehicle is.this will be judged by voting on.a participant can't vote for himself/herself.

I hope i can use this as a campaighn and wuold like to know how to start it.Thanks!

quick change, the dio must include rubble or a destroyed building of some kind. the dio must also include water as in a fountain or a small stream.and counting as one vote whoever has the most creative name for thier dio.also voted on
slodder
Visit this Community
North Carolina, United States
KitMaker: 11,718 posts
Armorama: 7,138 posts
Posted: Friday, March 21, 2003 - 07:54 AM UTC
It sounds intriguing I am interested. Check out the current campaigns at the campaign link. As one of the 'setup' tasks you may want to indicate a start/stop date.
Personally I'm in the Splash Campaign and the Modern Armor Build Campaign and a third would streatch me pretty far. But if the timing is right I'm all over it.
As far as starting one Ronny's right - you did.
airwarrior
Visit this Community
Posted: Friday, March 21, 2003 - 08:41 AM UTC

Quoted Text

It sounds intriguing I am interested. Check out the current campaigns at the campaign link. As one of the 'setup' tasks you may want to indicate a start/stop date.
Personally I'm in the Splash Campaign and the Modern Armor Build Campaign and a third would streatch me pretty far. But if the timing is right I'm all over it.
As far as starting one Ronny's right - you did.

when does the campaigns your working on end?I could time it so when the others end that mine begins

Also another quick change there is no limit on year of the dio('39-'45)you may start work on the dio now or during the campaign you may use an already built kits too.happy modeling!
airwarrior
Visit this Community
Posted: Monday, March 31, 2003 - 08:39 AM UTC
does anybody want to join? If you would rather join if I added something ( like something like water or civilians like in the splash campaign) please contact me either here or through a pm
 _GOTOTOP