_GOTOBOTTOM
Яusso-Soviэt Forum
Russian or Soviet vehicles/armor modeling forum.
KV 1 heavy cast turret
Visit this Community
England - East Midlands, United Kingdom
KitMaker: 2,864 posts
Armorama: 303 posts
Posted: Thursday, July 05, 2007 - 06:03 AM UTC
This is the 4th armour model i have ever built as i normally sculpt figures,i decided to build the tank as i want to convert and sculpt figures to go onto it,it will be depicted as a captured KV in german hands carrying german troops.I still have the german markings to add yet which will look fresh compared to the rest of the tank as it has only just been captured.
Not sure if i have overdone the weathering but i wanted to depict a well worn tank that has had a year or so of heavy use.Tha kit is Trumpeter straight out of the box,very pleased with how the kit went together,will definetely buy another Trumpeter.
All comments and advise welcome.

Steve

goldenpony
Visit this Community
Zimbabwe
KitMaker: 3,529 posts
Armorama: 588 posts
Posted: Friday, July 06, 2007 - 01:35 AM UTC
I am working on that same kit. So far I am pleased with its fit. My problem is going to be the finish and weathering. Its been toooo many years between builds but I am going to do what I can. I do like how you did yours. The rust runs on the turret are a very nice touch as is the chipping on the lower right side.

Thank you for sharing!

thedutchie
Visit this Community
Ontario, Canada
KitMaker: 1,299 posts
Armorama: 919 posts
Posted: Friday, July 06, 2007 - 01:43 AM UTC
Steve:

Nice job on the weathering. I like the job you did on the rusting. I am currently painting my Trump KV1E. Great kit.

Keep up the good work
Visit this Community
England - East Midlands, United Kingdom
KitMaker: 2,864 posts
Armorama: 303 posts
Posted: Friday, July 06, 2007 - 03:59 AM UTC
Thanks for the replies Jim and Brian,i actually went into the LHS to buy a Dragon kit but changed my mimd when i saw the price tags,i am very happy with the Trumpeter and will be doing more,i was expecting the kit inside to be really bad as the price was so cheap.
Looking forward to seeing your versions when done,i like these Kv`s, something about them.

Steve
 _GOTOTOP