_GOTOBOTTOM
Armor/AFV: AA/AT/Artillery
For discussions about artillery and anti-aircraft or anti-tank guns.
Hosted by Darren Baker
M109A6 Paladin questions..
arkuo14
Visit this Community
Metro Manila, Philippines
KitMaker: 215 posts
Armorama: 166 posts
Posted: Saturday, July 07, 2007 - 04:46 PM UTC
good day guys!

half way thru my dio, i needed a little side project coz im feeling a little sick of it already.. it would consist of some artillery in my kit stash and one that i havent bought yet.. its just a small series of artillerys.. namely, the trumpeter british AS-90, revell german panzerhaubitze 2000 and the revell M109A6 paladin.. i havent bought the paladin yet so i was wondering if any of you guys have built this one before? i was wondering if you guys could give me a heads up on what to watch out for and stuff i need to know coz i'll be ordering one on the net and i could see the kit myself... i have also ran into a dead end in search for kit reviews on this one.. is it an accurate kit? does it come with vinyl or individual track links?

any help would be greatly appreciated!

Frenchy
Visit this Community
Rhone, France
KitMaker: 12,719 posts
Armorama: 12,507 posts
Posted: Saturday, July 07, 2007 - 05:08 PM UTC
Hi

Revell's Paladin is a reboxing of Italeri's kit. It comes with vinyl tracks which are not accurate for a Paladin (they should differ from those of the previous variant...but maybe I'm nit picking ). The problem is the same with AFV Club/Skybow aftermarket indy track links...If you are interested and providing you can read french, I can send you a 4-page building article from a french modeling magazine...

HTH
Frenchy
arkuo14
Visit this Community
Metro Manila, Philippines
KitMaker: 215 posts
Armorama: 166 posts
Posted: Saturday, July 07, 2007 - 05:22 PM UTC
i really appreciate the help frenchy! but unfortunately i dont speak french.. i'd just be clueless reading it..

thanks a lot!
DeskJockey
Visit this Community
Virginia, United States
KitMaker: 1,558 posts
Armorama: 1,159 posts
Posted: Tuesday, July 10, 2007 - 01:42 PM UTC
You may find this review of the Italeri kit (which Revell just reboxed) useful:

http://www.missing-lynx.com/articles/modern/kkpal/kkpal.htm

Hope it helps!
 _GOTOTOP