_GOTOBOTTOM
Яusso-Soviэt Forum
Russian or Soviet vehicles/armor modeling forum.
New Blog Feature Added
wbill76
Visit this Community
Texas, United States
KitMaker: 5,425 posts
Armorama: 4,659 posts
Posted: Sunday, July 08, 2007 - 11:50 AM UTC
A recent new feature to Armorama has been added dealing with Build Logs or "Blogs" as they are also known. The term "Blog" refers loosely to a Work In Progress (WIP) thread maintained by the builder via the forums that allows others to follow along with the progress of the project. So what qualifies as a Blog or WIP thread? Simply any project thread that includes progress photos of a build or project along with text/commentary of what's happening with the build with those photos. That's all there is to it.

To create a "Blog" thread, when you start a thread, just check the "Blog? Click to indicate this is going to be a build log topic" check box and a special flag will be attached to the thread, like this:

This does 2 things: 1) it IDs the topic to forum users as a Blog thread while still allowing the usual category classifications to be maintained and 2) adds the thread to a special area on the home page for Active Blogs as shown below:

Who can create Blog threads? Anyone with a forum user ID and a willingness to post in progress shots of your build. The editorial staff will also be watching for Blog type threads and may add the flag to them if appropriate. Users are invited to post their Blog threads at their convenience and the Armorama user galleries are available as well for photo posting to aid in this.
Mojo
Visit this Community
Ontario, Canada
KitMaker: 1,339 posts
Armorama: 637 posts
Posted: Sunday, July 08, 2007 - 01:23 PM UTC
Nice feature.. I just noticed it as I logged in tonight.. If I could think
of what to write, I might even think of doing one...

Dave
Jurjen
Visit this Community
Groningen, Netherlands
KitMaker: 3,040 posts
Armorama: 1,016 posts
Posted: Sunday, July 08, 2007 - 09:25 PM UTC
Very nice feature indeed! I have a running B-log at the moment which I started before the new feature but I can't change it to the current "status"?

http://armorama.kitmaker.net/forums/99273&page=1

Maybe it can be changed by a moderator? :)

Cheers,

Jurjen
Henk
Visit this Community
England - South West, United Kingdom
KitMaker: 6,391 posts
Armorama: 4,258 posts
Posted: Sunday, July 08, 2007 - 10:14 PM UTC
Hi Jurjen,

I don't have admin access in the Russian forum, so it seems that Jacques or Nick will have to do it.

Groeten
Henk
Plasticbattle
Visit this Community
Donegal, Ireland
KitMaker: 9,763 posts
Armorama: 7,444 posts
Posted: Sunday, July 08, 2007 - 11:26 PM UTC
Good news .... a feature, that I find very useful. Have even started a new Blog to take advantage of it!!
Jurjen
Visit this Community
Groningen, Netherlands
KitMaker: 3,040 posts
Armorama: 1,016 posts
Posted: Tuesday, July 17, 2007 - 09:34 PM UTC
Hi Guys!

I noticed that russian/soviet related Blogs are not showing up on the mainpage in the small Blog Box.

Jurjen
 _GOTOTOP