I/72 scale Pz IV Ausf D
stevegs
Visit this Community
England - South West, United Kingdom
KitMaker: 75 posts
Armorama: 75 posts
Posted: Monday, July 09, 2007 - 11:46 PM UTC
Hi Guys,
Here are some pics of my war weary and dusty Pz IV Ausf D on the Eastern Front in 1941.
It is the great little 1/72 scale Mirage kit painted with Humbrol enamels and weathered with oils and MIG pigments. The figures are Preiser.

Steve

Emeritus
Visit this Community
Uusimaa, Finland
KitMaker: 2,845 posts
Armorama: 808 posts
Posted: Tuesday, July 10, 2007 - 01:52 AM UTC
Looks awesome!
If it didn't say 1:72 on the topic, I would have guessed 1:35. The only thing that kind of breaks the illusion is the facial sculpts of the figures, and perhaps the antenna.
Other than those, just superb work.
I especially like the weathering (easily overdone in this scale), that overall panzer grey scheme doesn't look monotone.
Very nice work on the tracks too (single-piece flexibles, IIRC?). How did you do the sagging, with the pin-through-hull method?
stevegs
Visit this Community
England - South West, United Kingdom
KitMaker: 75 posts
Armorama: 75 posts
Posted: Wednesday, July 11, 2007 - 12:16 AM UTC

Quoted Text

Looks awesome!
If it didn't say 1:72 on the topic, I would have guessed 1:35. The only thing that kind of breaks the illusion is the facial sculpts of the figures, and perhaps the antenna.
Other than those, just superb work.
I especially like the weathering (easily overdone in this scale), that overall panzer grey scheme doesn't look monotone.
Very nice work on the tracks too (single-piece flexibles, IIRC?). How did you do the sagging, with the pin-through-hull method?

Thanks for the kind words!

The tracks are the ones supplied with the kit, and although they are vinyl they react well to superglue, so it was just a matter of applying a small drop to the top of each return roller and putting pre cut pieces of Evergreen strips between the tracks and fenders until the glue had set. When the strips were removed the track retained the sag. It worked really well!

Steve
SGTJKJ
Visit this Community
Kobenhavn, Denmark
KitMaker: 10,069 posts
Armorama: 4,677 posts
Posted: Wednesday, July 11, 2007 - 12:17 AM UTC
Very impressive - as already mentioned this does not look like 1/72 at all.

Great job on that one - thanks for sharing
 _GOTOTOP