_GOTOBOTTOM
Яusso-Soviэt Forum
Russian or Soviet vehicles/armor modeling forum.
Any photos of camouflaged T-34/85?
BornToDig
Visit this Community
Maryland, United States
KitMaker: 345 posts
Armorama: 311 posts
Posted: Sunday, July 15, 2007 - 07:10 AM UTC
Since the bedspring armor in the Dragon kit doesn't look to promising, I'm thinking of possibly building the tank with brown camouflage provided on the decal sheet.

If anyone has any wartime photos of this vehicle (or any of the others from the decal sheet) I'd love to take a look.

Also while I'm at it:

given that this is the 1945 model turret, shouldn't the front fenders be squared off and not rounded? That is if they're still attached, which judging from the few photos I have, was not common.
Finch
Visit this Community
New York, United States
KitMaker: 411 posts
Armorama: 273 posts
Posted: Sunday, July 15, 2007 - 09:03 AM UTC
Yes, the scheme shown in the instructions is authentic. Camouflaged T-34-85 are extremely rare (not counting snow-camouflaged ones of course).

In "T-34 Mythical Weapon" the DML T-34-85 scheme is shown on p. 205, top. It is not exactly the same version as in the kit; the mantlet has a slightly different collar. There's no question it is camouflaged.

It is possible that others were camouflaged and it is just very hard to tell from B&W photos. For example, the T-34-85 on page 258 might be camouflaged, or it might just have dirt worn off it in patches. Who knows? The one on p 208, top, looks camouflaged to me - but again it could be dirt. Looking at the gun tube, I think it is pattern-painted, but that is just my opinion.

Danny Egan
President
AMPS

AMPS National: Apr 10-12 2008 WW2 Victory Museum Auburn Indiana
BornToDig
Visit this Community
Maryland, United States
KitMaker: 345 posts
Armorama: 311 posts
Posted: Monday, July 16, 2007 - 11:06 AM UTC
right. thanks
 _GOTOTOP