_GOTOBOTTOM
Armor/AFV: Techniques
From Weathering to making tent rolls, discuss it here.
Hosted by Darren Baker
Just for fun.
f1matt
Visit this Community
Manitoba, Canada
KitMaker: 1,021 posts
Armorama: 805 posts
Posted: Monday, July 16, 2007 - 05:12 PM UTC
While I am sure most of us are involved in several projects at once (for me its a Stryker, M1A1 AIM, King Tiger, and Seafire Mk.46 to name a few) it might be a good idea to just do a simple OOB (or close to it) build. Why? Just to get something built , done, finito! it really is satisfying to just get something done relatively quickly without too many complications. And this should be easier now than ever especially with all those SMART kits out there. I recently built a 1/72 and a 1/48 Tamiya Corsair. They go together real easy. I painted the cockpit, assembled it along with the fuselage and wings and had the whole thing ready for paint in just over a day. No hassles at all. I like to do this especially when I either hit a roadblock in one of my BIG builds or if I am waiting for the next bits to arrive in the mail. Give it a try. Might remind some of you how fun this hobby can be.
Ross
Visit this Community
England - South East, United Kingdom
KitMaker: 213 posts
Armorama: 130 posts
Posted: Monday, July 16, 2007 - 08:26 PM UTC
Oh yes I concur. I put together a Hobby Boss 1:48 KV 2 in an evening in front of the telly, it was a very easy break from all that swearing in the model room. All you need is a sanding stick, clippers, knife, glue and some great DVDs. Alternatively it helps liven up an evening with the missus watching endless gardening and house renovation progs.
 _GOTOTOP