Hosted by Darren Baker
Revell Faun SLT50
MacsTrucks
Visit this Community
Indiana, United States
KitMaker: 99 posts
Armorama: 97 posts
Posted: Wednesday, July 18, 2007 - 02:55 PM UTC
There are quite a few parts in this little beast. I pretty much intend to build mine box stock. I posed the front suspension to allow me to place it into a diorama. I'd like to show it on a cobblestone street like a photo I've seen. One piece of advice is to be careful to check that all the wheels touch before the glue dries! I had a close call but positioning the front axles helped too.

nikon1
Visit this Community
Kansas, United States
KitMaker: 622 posts
Armorama: 605 posts
Posted: Wednesday, July 18, 2007 - 04:07 PM UTC

Quoted Text

There are quite a few parts in this little beast. I pretty much intend to build mine box stock. I posed the front suspension to allow me to place it into a diorama. I'd like to show it on a cobblestone street like a photo I've seen. One piece of advice is to be careful to check that all the wheels touch before the glue dries! I had a close call but positioning the front axles helped too.

Looking good. I just might have to get one my self to put my Dragon Leopard 2A4 on. Now, if Bronco will release the M1070 and Maz 537.
Ch
james84
Visit this Community
Roma, Italy
KitMaker: 1,368 posts
Armorama: 950 posts
Posted: Wednesday, July 18, 2007 - 06:40 PM UTC
Looks nice!
I have a Spah.Pz.2 Luchs which might be nice on one of these...
Robbioo
KitMaker: 2 posts
Armorama: 1 posts
Posted: Friday, July 27, 2007 - 05:29 AM UTC
nice, i'm currenty building it myself, i see you've left the windows out.. i don't blame you, it was a hell of a job. i didn't use the sheet that came with the kit, found it was to buff (or matt), i used pieces of the plastic decal bag
as soon as i have a pic i'll post it
MacsTrucks
Visit this Community
Indiana, United States
KitMaker: 99 posts
Armorama: 97 posts
Posted: Monday, August 06, 2007 - 01:44 PM UTC
Well, if I could get the upload photos to work (it keeps asking me for a login, but then tells me I'm already logged in then I would post some shots of the in-progress trailer suspension. Talk about a fiddly beast. I'm not fond of gluing the axles first then squeezing the walking beam in afterwards, but it does work with some patience. Also, you do need to glue and wait while one section dries.

Also, I've added enough parts to the main assembly that I need to start putting some paint on.

I really didn't think about the glass too much yet. I do want to do the painting then put it in and finish the cab assembly.

Were this a 1/35 scale kit, I don't think the parts count would dramatically increase. There are alot of parts and it is looking very nice. I plan to add some cables. I also want to try to make the cable pulleys look like they have a slot for the cables. I want to place this on a cobble stone street, so I don't plan to detail the underside unless it can be seen.

The only other change would be to add a load. The scene would be a rookie transport crew taking a wrong turn (or at least reconsidering they direction they planned to go). For right now I'll be happy to finish the truck!
Pedro
Visit this Community
Wojewodztwo Pomorskie, Poland
KitMaker: 1,208 posts
Armorama: 1,023 posts
Posted: Monday, August 06, 2007 - 07:51 PM UTC
Hi Kent,
After logging in hit Ctrl+F5, it shouldnt ask you about logging afterwards.
Nice truck, looking forward to your next progress steps!

Cheers
Greg
 _GOTOTOP