Hosted by Darren Baker
Uh1D question
blaster76
Visit this Community
Texas, United States
KitMaker: 8,985 posts
Armorama: 3,034 posts
Posted: Thursday, July 19, 2007 - 07:28 AM UTC
Currently building the Panda kit of the UH1D. Grat kit easy to build though there are some gaps that I have had to fill. As to complete accuracy, I'm not an expert....looks like a duck.....quacks like a duck.....

Been in these things sevral times doing practice airmobile insertions and they are a real kick to be in flying high speed NOE. But, I never looked at details outside the bird. So my question is on the engine covers, how were they attached?. I know they were removed to get to engine. Were there any latches or did they only use screws to attach them together?
HeavyArty
Visit this Community
Florida, United States
KitMaker: 17,694 posts
Armorama: 13,742 posts
Posted: Thursday, July 19, 2007 - 09:40 AM UTC
There are latches on the lower corners (the button push to release type) and hinges on the upper section so they hinge up.

Be careful on the Panda kit. It has parts to build an early or late D, or an early or late H model. The directions aren't clear on what should be put on for each version either. Check here for info on the different versions.

For lots more Huey and Helo info in general, check out the Rotary Wing forum over at Aeroscale too.
Removed by original poster on 07/20/07 - 04:43:40 (GMT).
blaster76
Visit this Community
Texas, United States
KitMaker: 8,985 posts
Armorama: 3,034 posts
Posted: Thursday, July 19, 2007 - 10:15 AM UTC
Looks like i did pretty good in my assembly. Only thing I'll have to change is the pitot tube and add a few pe hinge pieces. Thanks
SGTJKJ
Visit this Community
Kobenhavn, Denmark
KitMaker: 10,069 posts
Armorama: 4,677 posts
Posted: Thursday, July 19, 2007 - 06:56 PM UTC
Interesting build, but I think you would get more feed back at the Rotary Wing forum over at Aeroscale as Gino pointed out.

_GOTOTOP