_GOTOBOTTOM
Яusso-Soviэt Forum
Russian or Soviet vehicles/armor modeling forum.
Great Soviet/Russian site
jjumbo
Visit this Community
British Columbia, Canada
KitMaker: 2,012 posts
Armorama: 1,949 posts
Posted: Friday, July 20, 2007 - 04:10 PM UTC
Hi all,

Has anyone seen this site before?

http://tanksinmoscow.com/Foto/foto.htm

It's got some great photos for all those people that like things green, crude and ugly.

Cheers

jjumbo
dbudd
Visit this Community
Pennsylvania, United States
KitMaker: 229 posts
Armorama: 205 posts
Posted: Friday, July 20, 2007 - 04:37 PM UTC
Thanks for sharing! I've been reading various things for 6+ years and they have photos of a Tiger that I've never seen before. I saw a list of existing Tigers some time ago and that one was not included. Have I just missed one or are others of you seeing it for the first time too?
jjumbo
Visit this Community
British Columbia, Canada
Posted: Friday, July 20, 2007 - 05:19 PM UTC

Quoted Text

Thanks for sharing! I've been reading various things for 6+ years and they have photos of a Tiger that I've never seen before. I saw a list of existing Tigers some time ago and that one was not included. Have I just missed one or are others of you seeing it for the first time too?

Hey Dave,
Yeah, something unusual for a change.
I've previously only seen one photo of this "Russian" Tiger I until today.
The walk-around is fairly comprehensive although I assume that most of the interior has been gutted over the last 60+ years and all of the fittings appear missing.
It looks like the Tiger was used for target practice considering the location of some of the penetrations.
I counted 14 or 15 strikes and penetrations that I can see, the port side view not being available.
Interesting photos none the less.
Cheers

jjumbo
mat
Visit this Community
Limburg, Netherlands
KitMaker: 894 posts
Armorama: 643 posts
Posted: Friday, July 20, 2007 - 08:38 PM UTC
this is great

SnakeEye
Visit this Community
Rodopi, Greece / Ελλάδα
KitMaker: 310 posts
Armorama: 106 posts
Posted: Friday, July 20, 2007 - 09:09 PM UTC
Thanks and a hot link
http://tanksinmoscow.com/Foto/foto.htm
dbudd
Visit this Community
Posted: Wednesday, July 25, 2007 - 09:09 AM UTC

Hey Dave,
Yeah, something unusual for a change.
I've previously only seen one photo of this "Russian" Tiger I until today.
The walk-around is fairly comprehensive although I assume that most of the interior has been gutted over the last 60+ years and all of the fittings appear missing.
It looks like the Tiger was used for target practice considering the location of some of the penetrations.
I counted 14 or 15 strikes and penetrations that I can see, the port side view not being available.
Interesting photos none the less.

Thanks for the input. I hoping some day that they will pull an intact (or mostly intact) Tiger or King Tiger out an Eastern European swamp, like the Panther Jacque Littlefield collection. I've seen a few T34s and Stug found in very good shape as well.
SGTJKJ
Visit this Community
Kobenhavn, Denmark
KitMaker: 10,069 posts
Armorama: 4,677 posts
Posted: Wednesday, July 25, 2007 - 06:50 PM UTC
Wow! Great site! It will be very good and helpful for when I get around to building my BMD-2. I am very tempted to go for the parachute version seen HERE . It could make for a very different looking vehicle and a fun conversion.

Thanks for sharing
jjumbo
Visit this Community
British Columbia, Canada
Posted: Thursday, July 26, 2007 - 04:08 AM UTC

Quoted Text

Thanks for the input. I hoping some day that they will pull an intact (or mostly intact) Tiger or King Tiger out an Eastern European swamp, like the Panther Jacque Littlefield collection. I've seen a few T34s and Stug found in very good shape as well.

Hey Dave,
If would be a very rare and valuable bit of "buried treasure" to find if they were ever did find a Tiger I or King Tiger sunk in a marsh.
There were 1346 Tiger I's and only 492 production and prototype KT's built compared to a reported 84,070 T-34/76's and T-34/85's.
Thats about 45.5 T-34's for every Tiger tank built.
Better chance they'll find a StuG III or IV in a bog somewhere, there being 9600+ StuG III's and StuH's and 1141 StuG IV's built.
We can only hope
Cheers

jjumbo
dbudd
Visit this Community
Posted: Thursday, July 26, 2007 - 05:00 AM UTC

Quoted Text

Quoted Text

Hey Dave,
If would be a very rare and valuable bit of "buried treasure" to find if they were ever did find a Tiger I or King Tiger sunk in a marsh.
There were 1346 Tiger I's and only 492 production and prototype KT's built compared to a reported 84,070 T-34/76's and T-34/85's.
Thats about 45.5 T-34's for every Tiger tank built.
Better chance they'll find a StuG III or IV in a bog somewhere, there being 9600+ StuG III's and StuH's and 1141 StuG IV's built.
We can only hope
Cheers

jjumbo

Very true, but there is always hope. AFV Modeller had an article about a King Tiger that was found under a highway in France. It had been demolished, but it was a really cool reference, because it still had its orginal paint and zimmerit.

I always wondered if there might be an early Tiger in a sunken transport ship at the bottom of the Mediterrean Sea. Even if there was it would be very difficult to recover.
Joker
Visit this Community
British Columbia, Canada
KitMaker: 813 posts
Armorama: 522 posts
Posted: Friday, July 27, 2007 - 04:46 PM UTC
Very Cool, Thanks
Joker
todorovicandreas
Visit this Community
Austria
KitMaker: 608 posts