_GOTOBOTTOM
Яusso-Soviэt Forum: Cold War Soviet Armor
For discussions related to cold war era Russo-Soviet armor.
T-55 AM2B Eastern German Army model
guni-kid
Visit this Community
Nordrhein-Westfalen, Germany
KitMaker: 521 posts
Armorama: 514 posts
Posted: Friday, July 20, 2007 - 10:24 PM UTC
Hi guys 'n girls,

after I found this page I wanna show u my T-55 AM2B model to give a "start"

I've already had some discussions about it in another forum here in Germany and there are two essential parts missing: the typical NVA wheel chocks fixed over the exhaust and the "night march system" (do u call it like this?) at the rear. But I just said, its one of the prototype tanks, already labelled with the NVA-sign but not totally updated yet (thats why there r also missing the tactical numbers)

have fun and I'm open for critics and comments

todorovicandreas
Visit this Community
Austria
KitMaker: 608 posts
Armorama: 593 posts
Posted: Saturday, July 21, 2007 - 12:04 AM UTC
Welcome abord, Marian!

Great subject and great build. Which conversion did you use? Is it the newer CMK-release or an older conversion?

Again, thanks for sharing and keep up the great work!

Greetings from Austria,

Andi T.
guni-kid
Visit this Community
Posted: Saturday, July 21, 2007 - 01:12 AM UTC
Thx for the answer
I'm happy, that u like it, even though it has some "mistakes" (forgot to mention, that it has not the right tracks for an AM2B...)

I used the Tamiya T-55 kit what is the best the market has I guess and the new CMK conversion set. But actually I wasn't that satisfied with this conversion cuz it was sometimes hard to use the resin-parts and it is not changing all the details needed... This model was a first try and the second time everything'll be better

At the moment I'm working on the russian sapper-machine BAT-M from panzershop.cz but its a hell of work
Warsawpact
Visit this Community
Västra Götaland, Sweden
KitMaker: 321 posts
Armorama: 273 posts
Posted: Tuesday, July 24, 2007 - 07:35 AM UTC
First of i would like to say:
YEEEESSSSSS! another east german modeller on the site. Im quite the GDR fan myself and i have about 7 Nationale Volkarmee vehicles, exept the T-55. I must say that your t-55 is very close to the original and the colour is fantastic.
Although, to the best of my knowledge, i think the NVA used black paint on their side skirts on both of their "T" tanks.

Thanks for a superb peace of GDR hardware! I sincerly hope that you keep on modelling NVA hardware.

Vielen dank Genosse
/
Christian
SGTJKJ
Visit this Community
Kobenhavn, Denmark
KitMaker: 10,069 posts
Armorama: 4,677 posts
Posted: Tuesday, July 24, 2007 - 11:26 PM UTC
Hi Marian

Welcome to the site

Great T-55. The modifications really changes the look of this one and gives another impression of a familiar tank.

Thanks for sharing - a very good start
guni-kid
Visit this Community
Posted: Thursday, July 26, 2007 - 06:33 AM UTC

Quoted Text

First of i would like to say:
YEEEESSSSSS! another east german modeller on the site. Im quite the GDR fan myself and i have about 7 Nationale Volkarmee vehicles, exept the T-55. I must say that your t-55 is very close to the original and the colour is fantastic.
Although, to the best of my knowledge, i think the NVA used black paint on their side skirts on both of their "T" tanks.

Thanks for a superb peace of GDR hardware! I sincerly hope that you keep on modelling NVA hardware.

Vielen dank Genosse
/
Christian

Hej hej,
Tack sa mycket och vi kan även pratar svenska eftersom jag pratar lite (men bara lite)

But lets stay in english. The fact with the black colour for the sideskirts u mentioned is a good point.... I guess u r right, but I've also seen pictures where its not soooo definately shown... well... as I said: next time
But u can be sure about that I'll stay with NVA models the next time. An URAL 4320, TATRA 813 with trailer and BAT-M are waiting...

Of cuz also a "thank u" to Jesper I guess I'll have fun here "aboard" cuz I've seen plenty of great models here so far...
 _GOTOTOP