_GOTOBOTTOM
Armor/AFV: IDF [Israeli Defense Forces]
Armor and AFVs of the IDF army from 1947-today.
Hosted by Darren Baker
M151A1 Mutt
cb1000f
KitMaker: 386 posts
Armorama: 27 posts
Posted: Friday, August 10, 2007 - 04:52 PM UTC
heres my first armor build, box stock other than adding antennas.
Academy 1/35 kit

HeavyArty
Visit this Community
Florida, United States
KitMaker: 17,694 posts
Armorama: 13,742 posts
Posted: Saturday, August 11, 2007 - 02:26 AM UTC
Looks like a pretty nice job. The weathering and paint job look great. Couple pointers though. For the weapons, the ammo can holders, pintles, and weapon mounts should be painted sand as well, not gunmetal. The M60 MG on the hood is wrong too. An M60 does not have wooden grips and buttstock. They are all black resin parts. Not sure teh IDF used M60s either. Good job on it. A little tweaking and it will look great.

For historical accuracy, the vehicle is wrong for an IDF MUTT. The IDF didn't use any M151A1 versions; all theirs were M151A2s (larger front turn signals and rear lights, different shaped front fenders, one piece windshield, different rear wheel opening, etc...). Academy got that part all wrong. I used the Academy Shmira parts and added them to a Tamiya M151A2 to get an accurate IDF Patrol MUTT.
DUBDUBS
Visit this Community
Missouri, United States
KitMaker: 624 posts
Armorama: 456 posts
Posted: Saturday, August 11, 2007 - 04:06 AM UTC
Nice job, I like the wash you gave it. It might just be the pics, but the vehicle looks glossy? Nothing a little Matte finish can't fix.

-Build On
SSGToms
Visit this Community
Connecticut, United States
KitMaker: 3,608 posts
Armorama: 3,092 posts
Posted: Saturday, August 11, 2007 - 05:56 AM UTC
For a first build this looks great! What brand and color paint did you use for the body? It looks really good.
cb1000f
Posted: Saturday, August 11, 2007 - 06:40 AM UTC

Quoted Text

For a first build this looks great! What brand and color paint did you use for the body? It looks really good.

I use the krylon camo paint for the main color.

Quoted Text

Looks like a pretty nice job. The weathering and paint job look great. Couple pointers though. For the weapons, the ammo can holders, pintles, and weapon mounts should be painted sand as well, not gunmetal. The M60 MG on the hood is wrong too. An M60 does not have wooden grips and buttstock. They are all black resin parts. Not sure teh IDF used M60s either. Good job on it. A little tweaking and it will look great.

For historical accuracy, the vehicle is wrong for an IDF MUTT. The IDF didn't use any M151A1 versions; all theirs were M151A2s (larger front turn signals and rear lights, different shaped front fenders, one piece windshield, different rear wheel opening, etc...). Academy got that part all wrong. I used the Academy Shmira parts and added them to a Tamiya M151A2 to get an accurate IDF Patrol MUTT.

thanks for the info! I really don't know anything about the IDF lol, they had the extra gun in the kit so I thought it looked pretty cool
cb1000f
Posted: Sunday, August 12, 2007 - 01:53 PM UTC
couple new pics

_GOTOTOP