Hosted by Darren Baker
Wargaming Stug just finished
DaGreatQueeg
Visit this Community
Napier, New Zealand
KitMaker: 1,049 posts
Armorama: 841 posts
Posted: Monday, August 13, 2007 - 04:07 PM UTC
Some Tamiya's just finished for wargaming. Almost totally OOB except for the side Shurtzen on the PzIV which is from an old Bandai kit. Got a few others on th ebench also all for wargaming so I'll post a few pics when theyre done in a few weeks .............

cheers
Brent

fanai
Visit this Community
Queensland, Australia
KitMaker: 2,654 posts
Armorama: 208 posts
Posted: Monday, August 13, 2007 - 04:35 PM UTC
Brent for wargaming pieces you sure push the boundaries - love the dirt effects on the models - I do 20mm pieces and these just ooze ideas for the smaller scale -Thanks for the heads up and all the best in the land of the Long cloud
Ian
from the western island hehehehehe
DaGreatQueeg
Visit this Community
Napier, New Zealand
Posted: Wednesday, August 15, 2007 - 10:03 AM UTC

Quoted Text

Brent for wargaming pieces you sure push the boundaries - love the dirt effects on the models - I do 20mm pieces and these just ooze ideas for the smaller scale -Thanks for the heads up and all the best in the land of the Long cloud
Ian
from the western island hehehehehe

Hi Ian,

Good to hear from another small scaler and in the same neck of the woods. Got family in Queensland and used to visit on Bizness failry often.

I dont finish these much differently from my 20mm stuff so the techniques and look transfers over fine. Probably also because the finish is brushed both scales end up with a similar overall look.

cheers
Brent
tabascojunki
Visit this Community
Texas, United States
KitMaker: 110 posts
Armorama: 43 posts
Posted: Wednesday, August 15, 2007 - 10:12 AM UTC
So what game do you use these for? And what scale are they?
tabascojunki
Visit this Community
Texas, United States
KitMaker: 110 posts
Armorama: 43 posts
Posted: Wednesday, August 15, 2007 - 10:14 AM UTC
Never mind about the scale question, I just noticed what part of the forum this is under. But I'll still ask what game?
DaGreatQueeg
Visit this Community
Napier, New Zealand
Posted: Wednesday, August 15, 2007 - 01:26 PM UTC
Hi Bruce,

At the moment were using the Arc-Of-Fire skirmish rule set. We started using the 48th vehicles with 28mm figures but have now changed to Northstar 1:48th ones and will be adding some of the Tom Mier ones when they finally get released.

cheers
Brent
gsmith
Visit this Community
Kentucky, United States
KitMaker: 136 posts
Armorama: 117 posts
Posted: Wednesday, August 15, 2007 - 01:46 PM UTC
ok I know i'm new to the site and all and my opinion may not mean much but i have to say great job on the Stug, i love the weathering and the paint. the detail is wonderful great job even on the small scale, if i were forced to choose something to pick on it would be only one thing, the road wheels, if a Stug made it to that condition there would be small chunks taken out of the wheels, beyond that you nailed a very nice model.

hope to see more of your work soon,
Gary
DaGreatQueeg
Visit this Community
Napier, New Zealand
Posted: Wednesday, August 15, 2007 - 09:41 PM UTC

Quoted Text

ok I know i'm new to the site and all and my opinion may not mean much but i have to say great job on the Stug, i love the weathering and the paint. the detail is wonderful great job even on the small scale, if i were forced to choose something to pick on it would be only one thing, the road wheels, if a Stug made it to that condition there would be small chunks taken out of the wheels, beyond that you nailed a very nice model.

hope to see more of your work soon,
Gary

Hi Gary,

Thnx - doesnt matter how long anyones been here, comments all help. And yeah I usually kinda stop short of muddying up wheels and things for fear of wrecking the overall look too much. I will try and chip/damage some of the rubber on my next Stug though, got a couple more in the stash to do.!

cheers
Brent
jimz66
Visit this Community
Connecticut, United States
KitMaker: 1,165 posts
Armorama: 1,105 posts
Posted: Thursday, August 16, 2007 - 06:22 AM UTC
Nice pair of AFV's you have there. I really like the Stug. Well done. Very nice weathering too. Way to go.
 _GOTOTOP