Hosted by Darren Baker
Help with painting dio
plasticman
Visit this Community
Pennsylvania, United States
KitMaker: 152 posts
Armorama: 129 posts
Posted: Tuesday, August 14, 2007 - 12:35 PM UTC
Hi. I am starting a new project. I just bought the verlinden street fighters dio. All of the rubble and house foundation are connected to the base. What is the best way to paint rubble? Bricks, rocks, etc...What colors and techniques do you use for this? I am used to using real rubble material and not have to paint it. Thanks for any suggestions. Take care!
CReading
Visit this Community
California, United States
KitMaker: 1,726 posts
Armorama: 892 posts
Posted: Tuesday, August 14, 2007 - 12:46 PM UTC
I would start by painting the entire base black...all nooks and crannies between the rubble. Then paint it any way you wish with your basic colors. Next you can apply full or partial washes. It's really difficult to suggest any actual colors as that is solely up to you depending on what type of 'feeling' or season you are attempting to depict.
A good article to read would be Keith Forsyth's "Simple Diorama" I believe he goes over the painting phase of the base. fairly well.
Cheers,
Charles

http://armorama.kitmaker.net//features/690
gsmith
Visit this Community
Kentucky, United States
KitMaker: 136 posts
Armorama: 117 posts
Posted: Wednesday, August 15, 2007 - 01:59 PM UTC
When i start i use flat black for the base and finish with a wide variety of drybrush colors depending on the effect i wanf do you want dirt, brick dust, sandy material, basic building rubble? look at this link and if you like the effect i can send you instructions of how i did this, it's all one piece so the piled rubble was all drybrushed according to what each area was. [url]http://www.smithmilitarymodeling.com/Images/SMM-00067/Detail_00067/SMM-000067.htmurl]

I hope this helps, i do a lot of bases from a solid mold so if you need it i can get you more pics just email me.

Gary
plasticman
Visit this Community
Pennsylvania, United States
KitMaker: 152 posts
Armorama: 129 posts
Posted: Sunday, August 19, 2007 - 01:11 PM UTC
Hi Gary. Yes, that is the look that I am going for. If you can send me more info on how you obtain that look, would greatly be appreciated! Thanks again and take care
 _GOTOTOP