Bedford GS/15cwt RT/Chevy Gun Tractor Pics
AlanL
Visit this Community
England - East Anglia, United Kingdom
KitMaker: 14,499 posts
Armorama: 11,675 posts
Posted: Thursday, August 16, 2007 - 05:49 AM UTC
Hi Guys,

You may remember some time ago a request for pics for the gallery. Well about 9 months ago I submitted these as there didn't seem to be many examples on site. Henk didn't think the pics were of good enough quality for a feature so these have been sitting in a zip file for about 8 months.

They represent support vehicles from 11th Armoured Division 151st (Ayrshire Yeomanry) Field Regiment Royal Artillery and RAMC Field Hygiene Section. There is some signage to be finished off but thanks to an excellent set of Decals from Accurate Armour and a fresh suppply from Fingerprint Design I should be able to complete them this year. Loads for the Bedfords have not been finalised but I hope the pics will be of some use for reference and it seemed a shame to keep them in a zip file.

All are the old Italeri kits, with the Bedfords being scratch build, with Accurate Armour Cabs.

15cwt Chevrolet Radio Truck - Radios from Resicast

Bedford QLD GS 4 x 4 - Wooden body

Chevrolet Gun Tractor

Bedford QLD GS 4 x 4 (Special) - Metal Body

Cheers

Al

jjumbo
Visit this Community
British Columbia, Canada
KitMaker: 2,012 posts
Armorama: 1,949 posts
Posted: Thursday, August 16, 2007 - 06:21 AM UTC
In a word Alan, Brilliant !!!!
Saw the review of your work and I've looked at your gallery on many occasions.
I always ended up wanting more, especially the softskins and the CMP trucks, lorrys and field tractors.
How about some more of your AFV's?
Thanks and cheers

jjumbo
AlanL
Visit this Community
Posted: Thursday, August 16, 2007 - 06:50 AM UTC
Hi John,

The trucks were a lot of fun and my first attempt at scratch building anything major. Thanks for your more than generous comments and I'm glad you enjoyed them.

Re the AFVs, pictures I have a plenty, if there is anything in particular you'd like another look at let me know and I'll post it for you. That said most are on site somewhere and have been around the block

I'm hoping Italeri might design a new Bedford to go with their 40mm Bofors, always living in hope.

Cheers

Al
jjumbo
Visit this Community
British Columbia, Canada
Posted: Thursday, August 16, 2007 - 08:14 AM UTC
Hi Alan,
I will have a look around the site for those photos, I have seen them but can't find them readily.
Failing that, I will compile a list and PM you.
Yeah, it would be nice if Italeri spruced up the old Chevy CMP 15cwt too with some new sprues, maybe a 3ton version, the Light Breakdown tractor/wrecker and of course, the SP 40mm Bofors version.
And speaking of Italeri, how about an early version of the M7 Priest a'la your "BeBe"?
Cheers

John aka jjumbo
AlanL
Visit this Community
Posted: Thursday, August 16, 2007 - 08:38 AM UTC
Hi John,

Academy are supposed to be bringing out an early M7. I have another Italeri Kit I want to do as a desert version but I was waiting to see how the Academy one comes out as it is an early version and I could do the Italeri kit slightly later in the italian Campeign.

Here's some links to the Various Tanks that might save you a bit of searching:

IG Shermans

https://archive.kitmaker.net/forums/100321#828379

M4A1 Sherman Mk II (Early)

http://armorama.kitmaker.net/forums/96376#797774

Hope that helps.

There are so many Great British Vehicles still awaiting their turn in plastic. Looking forward to the Bronco Staghound.

Cheers

Al
jjumbo
Visit this Community
British Columbia, Canada
Posted: Thursday, August 16, 2007 - 09:24 AM UTC
Thanks Alan,
Those were some of the photos I was looking for.
I'd like to see some more of your M4A1 Sherman Mk. II (Mid production), the one you did in Sand and Bronze Green/Khaki Drab with the 3 crewmen in shorts.
By the way, what manufacturer's upper hull did you use for your M4A1 Sherman Mk. II (Early production), the one with the Direct Vision ports?
I have an old KK Castings DV hull sitting partially built on an old Tamiya Grant/Lee hull.
I'd like to find another one, Formations maybe??
Cheers

John aka jjumbo

p.s. You seem to like the Ultracast figures, have you seen any of the new ones ?
AlanL
Visit this Community
Posted: Thursday, August 16, 2007 - 09:34 AM UTC
Hi John,

I used the Formations upper Hulll for the Mk II Early, it was excellent to work with even if it was resin

One post on the other Mk IIs coming up.

Cheers

Al
 _GOTOTOP