Hosted by Darren Baker
XM706E2 (V-100) Interior?
asobehart
Visit this Community
Pennsylvania, United States
KitMaker: 89 posts
Armorama: 73 posts
Posted: Thursday, August 16, 2007 - 09:41 AM UTC
I was finally able to find the Verlinden XM706E2 kit, the Air Force version of the V-100, (Thanks again Tom), but I am in need of one more thing before I start. I have not been able to find any pictures of the interior. Specifically I am looking to find out how it was set up inside the top parapit, door open. I know that I mean seam nuts for wanting to know the interior for a model that is a solid block of resign, but I got some ideas, and if they work out, I should be able to build it with the interior. But again, I need to know how it was set up.

If anyone has any photos or know where I can find some I would appreciate the help.

Thanks!
sherb
Visit this Community
New York, United States
KitMaker: 752 posts
Armorama: 378 posts
Posted: Thursday, August 16, 2007 - 01:45 PM UTC
It's not much but here is a little something
interior shot

From some other "through the hatch" photos I've seen, it looks as though the interiors were pretty much identical, the e2 obviously not have the turret basket hanging down.
asobehart
Visit this Community
Posted: Friday, August 17, 2007 - 12:17 AM UTC
Thanks Sherb! It is more then I had. A lot of good pictures though.
Fitz
Visit this Community
Minnesota, United States
KitMaker: 439 posts
Armorama: 331 posts
Posted: Friday, August 17, 2007 - 01:15 AM UTC

Quoted Text

Thanks Sherb! It is more then I had. A lot of good pictures though.

I crawled around in one a few years ago and they could not be more basic on the inside. Really just a few seat cushions scattered about here and there in odd places.
mikeo
Visit this Community
KitMaker: 325 posts
Armorama: 323 posts
Posted: Friday, August 17, 2007 - 08:23 AM UTC
I don't know if this will help of not, but the last time that I was at in the Air Force Museum at Wright Patterson AFB, they had a restored one on display inside - tucked in behilnd a C130 Gunship.
sapper141
Visit this Community
Alberta, Canada
KitMaker: 41 posts
Armorama: 32 posts
Posted: Monday, August 20, 2007 - 07:08 AM UTC
Andy
These were just posted from one of the guys over at AFV news
http://www.com-central.net/index.php?name=Forums&file=viewtopic&t=7529
The V100 and the XM706 were the same general body just one had a turret mounted and the other used a parapit. So I' m pretty sure that if you look at the interior of this V100 you'll get the idea. Just scroll down till you find the V100.
Good luck
Shane
asobehart
Visit this Community
Posted: Tuesday, August 21, 2007 - 12:37 AM UTC
Great stuff Shane, thanks! Yes, I have read that the interiors were more or less the same. These will do nicely. In fact they already answered a question I was trying to figure out this past weekend, is the interior green or white. In the pictures I had up to this point it was hard to tell, although it seem more green then anything else. But I can put that one to bed at this point.

Now if I could just get a picture with the parapit doors open or in some state of open. I know how it looks all closed up, but I need to see how the doors were stowed when open.
asobehart
Visit this Community
Posted: Monday, December 24, 2007 - 09:48 AM UTC
Some one had sent me a PM saying that they had the pictures of the parapit to send. I never got the pictures and I have lost the original PM. If you read this and you still have the pictures I would appreciate it if you could PM me again and/or send them out.

Thanks!
 _GOTOTOP