_GOTOBOTTOM
Яusso-Soviэt Forum
Russian or Soviet vehicles/armor modeling forum.
BMP and MAZ bumped to 2008
Jacques
Visit this Community
Minnesota, United States
KitMaker: 4,630 posts
Armorama: 4,498 posts
Posted: Tuesday, August 21, 2007 - 03:01 AM UTC
Looking over the PMMS Website the BMP-3 and MAZ transporter kits are now slated for 2008...

...maybe the T-62's will be out before the end of the year.

Much as it may be a pain, hopefully it means they are double checking everything to make sure they get the details and dimensions correct. I would rather wait a extra 8 months or 2 years than to get a substandard kit.

Is it me or does Trumpeter seem to be multiple-personality in the way their kits are done...they do some fabulous, highly detailed kits that are spot on, they make some very good kits with some small obvious goofs, and they make some kits that are horribly inaccurate. I wonder if they have 3 or more design teams or sub-contractors, kinda a Gold/Blue/Green team setup? I have heard of this work concept before, but no conffirmation that it is how Trumpeter works. I suppose with all the little spin-off or affiliated companies they have may lead to this sort of system.

I just wish they could smooth out the operation a bit...
smciver121
Visit this Community
Massachusetts, United States
KitMaker: 56 posts
Armorama: 55 posts
Posted: Tuesday, August 21, 2007 - 03:42 AM UTC
That stinks. Looks like we just have to wait.
goldenpony
Visit this Community
Zimbabwe
KitMaker: 3,529 posts
Armorama: 588 posts
Posted: Tuesday, August 21, 2007 - 06:15 AM UTC
I have only built one Trumpter kit thus far and it did have some fit problems. I have a couple of others waiting to be built and I wonder how they are. It is possible they do have mutiple teams working on different subjects.

Video Game companies do this same thing. They have different offices work on different projects. One office might be great, while the other is just so, so.

Reiter960
Visit this Community
California, United States
KitMaker: 503 posts
Armorama: 500 posts
Posted: Tuesday, August 21, 2007 - 06:15 AM UTC
Nooooooo....... I honestly thought they will be released or at least shown during Nats. Trumpeter now have no excuse to make a single notable mistake or molding simplification.
jvazquez
Visit this Community
New Jersey, United States
KitMaker: 857 posts
Armorama: 811 posts
Posted: Tuesday, August 21, 2007 - 06:45 AM UTC
Don't worry though, I think in that time Trumpeter and Dragon will together release 500 more Panzer and 251 Halftracks variants.
Reiter960
Visit this Community
Posted: Wednesday, August 22, 2007 - 07:53 PM UTC
To make things worse, representative from Stevens Int. said that both MAZ and BMP kits now have no estimated release date! But, he was proud to announce a secret item from Trumpeter which was....E-100 version with assault bridges or something. He also did not have any information on whether they are being reworked/updated or abandoned most likely because of competition between DML and Trumpeter for German X-tanks market. On the bright side, DML has plans to make premium kit of IS-2....
VolkerS
Visit this Community
Nordrhein-Westfalen, Germany
KitMaker: 120 posts
Armorama: 112 posts
Posted: Wednesday, August 22, 2007 - 09:26 PM UTC

Quoted Text

On the bright side, DML has plans to make premium kit of IS-2....

Hi George,

unfortunatly this is the same game as with trumpeters releases. DML anounced their IS-2 more than a year ago. But both companies will find enough "paper tanks" to be released before. Maybe a Tiger III with jet engines and a 15 cm gun!?

Volker
SGTJKJ
Visit this Community
Kobenhavn, Denmark
KitMaker: 10,069 posts
Armorama: 4,677 posts
Posted: Thursday, August 23, 2007 - 01:31 AM UTC
That sucks, especially for the BMP-3. I was really looking forward to that one. It seemed they were pretty far ahead on that one. I remember seeing some "mock-ups" on this site. Strange to postpone it if they were that far ahead.

Anyway, I guess we just have to wait.
Jacques
Visit this Community
Minnesota, United States
Posted: Thursday, August 23, 2007 - 11:41 AM UTC

Quoted Text

To make things worse, representative from Stevens Int. said that both MAZ and BMP kits now have no estimated release date!

To be honest, I do not entirely trust anything said by Stevens Intl. Not that they are bad guys, I just don't think they are in the loop as much as they think they are. Trumpeter may be playin' 'em. Pisses me off though...these are the kits i am willing to spend money on, not...

Quoted Text

But, he was proud to announce a secret item from Trumpeter which was....E-100 version with assault bridges or something.

Not entirely sure the world is ready for more E-100 madness. There are enough people at contests and clubs that roll their eyes at the Panzer '46 guys when they go on as to what this or that E-series COULD have done...as nausiem. I enjoy the creativity of the Paper Panzers, and the willinginess of companies to stick their necks out...but it has been done. Concentrate on NEW items that may sell better than you think, dang-it!
Reiter960
Visit this Community
Posted: Thursday, August 23, 2007 - 12:58 PM UTC

Quoted Text

Quoted Text

To make things worse, representative from Stevens Int. said that both MAZ and BMP kits now have no estimated release date!

To be honest, I do not entirely trust anything said by Stevens Intl. Not that they are bad guys, I just don't think they are in the loop as much as they think they are. Trumpeter may be playin' 'em. Pisses me off though...these are the kits i am willing to spend money on, not...

Quoted Text

But, he was proud to announce a secret item from Trumpeter which was....E-100 version with assault bridges or something.

Not entirely sure the world is ready for more E-100 madness. There are enough people at contests and clubs that roll their eyes at the Panzer '46 guys when they go on as to what this or that E-series COULD have done...as nausiem. I enjoy the creativity of the Paper Panzers, and the willinginess of companies to stick their necks out...but it has been done. Concentrate on NEW items that may sell better than you think, dang-it!

Like it or not, but they showed box art for all new fantasy panzers plus sprues in the boxes today. Most of the detail was on par with DML's (think M1A2 SEP) latest engineering standard. As for reps being out of sync, when asked second rep. instantly remembered about MAZ kits being pushed back, but said he never heard of BMP kits until we 'discovered' them in 2007-08 catalogue
Jacques
Visit this Community
Minnesota, United States
Posted: Thursday, August 23, 2007 - 02:48 PM UTC

Quoted Text

As for reps being out of sync, when asked second rep. instantly remembered about MAZ kits being pushed back, but said he never heard of BMP kits until we 'discovered' them in 2007-08 catalogue

What did I say...???
generalzod
Visit this Community
United States
KitMaker: 3,172 posts
Armorama: 2,495 posts
Posted: Friday, August 24, 2007 - 11:35 AM UTC
That stinks we gotta wait for those kits Hopefully when they are released they will be great kits Hopefully the PT 76 will be out soon I have only built two Trumpeter kits Both were the KV's They are fantastic
 _GOTOTOP