_GOTOBOTTOM
Яusso-Soviэt Forum
Russian or Soviet vehicles/armor modeling forum.
Early T-72 turret available?
MPi-KM
Visit this Community
Tennessee, United States
KitMaker: 50 posts
Armorama: 32 posts
Posted: Tuesday, August 21, 2007 - 06:28 PM UTC
Does anyone make a 1/35th early T-72 turret with the coincidence rangefinder on the right side of the turret?
Reiter960
Visit this Community
California, United States
KitMaker: 503 posts
Armorama: 500 posts
Posted: Tuesday, August 21, 2007 - 06:35 PM UTC
Not with stereoscopic sights. Recent release from Verlinden gives excellent transitional turret without laminar armor that already has laser rangefinder. If you feel like scratchbuilding the sights, it only will take about one evening to remove TPD-1 and make older sights instead. There are no reviews or good pictures of neither new turret nor the hull replacement, so if you want I can mace mini review of it.
Jacques
Visit this Community
Minnesota, United States
KitMaker: 4,630 posts
Armorama: 4,498 posts
Posted: Wednesday, August 22, 2007 - 03:34 AM UTC
I have seen a build in progress of the Verliinden T-72. The hull pieces are in several parts, not one big casting.

As for the Turret, which is the topic , I have heard, from the sculptor, that the shape is still not correct. It is a good piece of work, but not excellent. Considering the price, MSRP $30.00, I am not sure this is a great item...

George?
Reiter960
Visit this Community
Posted: Wednesday, August 22, 2007 - 06:10 AM UTC
Got to disagree with master on this one There are some minor issues with side armor and antiradiation lining inside is pure imagination, but it still looks very good when assembled and what's most important it's is a great base to do either Ural turret or T-72A one. 30 bucks??? I got mine for $18.50 which is another reason for it to be on the 'better' side.
Jacques
Visit this Community
Minnesota, United States
Posted: Wednesday, August 22, 2007 - 10:02 AM UTC
No problem on disagreeing with me...you have one on hand and I do not!

But my comment was based on the actual sculptor's admission. I wanted to know if you saw any flaws in shape or size that should nto be there. If the Sculptor was talking about the interior, well, he did not give that impression.

That aside, there is also the Model Point T-72 "Ural" turret as well, if you can find one...
chefchris
Visit this Community
North Carolina, United States
KitMaker: 1,544 posts
Armorama: 1,464 posts
Posted: Wednesday, August 22, 2007 - 12:35 PM UTC
Jacques, I am lucky enough to have one that I am working on in the pile....

Its VERY nice - I'll be making mine Iraqi.

Chris
Jacques
Visit this Community
Minnesota, United States
Posted: Wednesday, August 22, 2007 - 01:49 PM UTC
Sounds good guys. We got two people with the Verlinden turret, anyone want to do a Review for the site so we can all get a good look over. IF Verlinden have done a good job on this, they certainly deserve a pat on the back AND a note of it should be made for others who may be contemplating buying it.

Ante up!
Reiter960
Visit this Community
Posted: Wednesday, August 22, 2007 - 07:42 PM UTC
I can review it or, if Mr. Smith wants to do it, I'm willing to go for hull set since I got both still in boxes. Just allow me two more days of IPMS madness (couldn't resist and bought 2 1/48 Vector Lavochkin fighters and had rather long argument at home)
Jacques
Visit this Community
Minnesota, United States
Posted: Thursday, August 23, 2007 - 11:53 AM UTC
If you both want to do it and George can do the hull, that would be very helpfull. Do what you are comfortable with,but rememebr we want to get word out to the silent lurkers of the red armor (Sounds like a demographic like the Moral Majority...the SLRA... ) what these kits are like and if they are worth the $$$.

Yeah, I know, I am a good one to talk...
chefchris
Visit this Community
North Carolina, United States
KitMaker: 1,544 posts
Armorama: 1,464 posts
Posted: Thursday, August 23, 2007 - 01:41 PM UTC
I'll try to start shooting and do a review - Ithink I have enough refs and related photos. I have the older Darlington Publication book "A visit to the Zoo _Iraqi AFVs" and Pat Stansell's Grenadier T-72 Battle group (Great pix!) and alot of Russian TankMaster stuff.
If my 2 week old will cooperate.......

Mr Smith You guys kill me..

Chris
 _GOTOTOP