_GOTOBOTTOM
Яusso-Soviэt Forum
Russian or Soviet vehicles/armor modeling forum.
Revell T-72B with EDZ
arkuo14
Visit this Community
Metro Manila, Philippines
KitMaker: 215 posts
Armorama: 166 posts
Posted: Wednesday, August 29, 2007 - 11:39 PM UTC
good day all!

i saw this kit on the net.. it caught my attention coz it looked like a Polish PT-91 Twardy with all the add-on armor.. i was wondering if any of you guys have tried building this one could give me a "heads-up" on what to expect.. is this a rebox version of any kit?

any help would be greatly appreciated!

thanks in advance!

arkuo14
Visit this Community
Posted: Wednesday, August 29, 2007 - 11:40 PM UTC
here's a picture of the kit...

todorovicandreas
Visit this Community
Austria
KitMaker: 608 posts
Armorama: 593 posts
Posted: Thursday, August 30, 2007 - 01:25 AM UTC
Hy arkou!

Well, here are some shots of the sprues. It looks like the ZVEZDA/Dragon kit I build a long time ago. The major problem are the tracks. The good thing is that it comes with both styles of roadwheels, early and later style. But enough said, have a look at the sprues.

I took those pics from www.panzer-modell.de in the "ausgepackt" section.

Hope this helps,

Best regards,

Andy T

arkuo14
Visit this Community
Posted: Thursday, August 30, 2007 - 01:48 AM UTC
thanks for the sprue shots andy! much appreciated! sad that a lot of kit makers focus their kit making into western armor.. even the T90 doesnt have a kit in injection..

i guess i'll be getting one of these too.. if its indeed a "rebox" of the zvezda or the dragon kit, then the eduard PE sets for those kits could fit the revell kit just fine..

thanks a lot andy!
todorovicandreas
Visit this Community
Austria
KitMaker: 608 posts
Armorama: 593 posts
Posted: Thursday, August 30, 2007 - 02:18 AM UTC
I totally agree with you, it´s a sad fact. ZVEZDA announced a T-90 some years ago, but cancelled it. (I heard). Well, it definitely would not have been the best and most correct kit of a T-90, but something for less money and you could work on/superdetail it without spending hundreds of dollars.

Maybe one day we see I light at the end of our tunnel.

Best regards,

Andy T.

P.s.: Yep, you´re right about the PE parts. Use those, maybe a new barrel but definitely new tracks and you will got a fine model.
Jacques
Visit this Community
Minnesota, United States
KitMaker: 4,630 posts
Armorama: 4,498 posts
Posted: Thursday, August 30, 2007 - 02:43 AM UTC
Rebox of the DML T-72M2 w/ERA, absolutely.

This version is known as the T-72S1, a export variant of the T-72BV with a simpler mounting method of the ERA. I doubt there are any of these in service with the Red Army. All Red Army T-72BV's had their ERA mounted with the V shaped "Beak" of ERA on the turret front...this is a much more effective use of the K-1/3 ERA. DML instructions have you mount the ERA the "Red Army" way, Revell seems to have decided to make things different although there are no new parts in the kit.

To make it nice, just look up fixes for the DML or Zvezda kits.
 _GOTOTOP