_GOTOBOTTOM
Site Talk
Site announcements, comments, or feedback about the site.
Spell Checker
Kencelot
Visit this Community
Florida, United States
KitMaker: 4,268 posts
Armorama: 2,804 posts
Posted: Sunday, April 07, 2002 - 07:08 AM UTC
Steve, there are a couple of ways you can check your spelling. Both of which require you to have at least two windows open, and a knowledge of "copy-n-pasting".

You can use your email program's spell checker. Simply "copy" the body of your text that you want to check, open your email program, paste the text in a "new mail" window, and select "spell check" I use Outlook Express. When the program has finished checking, just "copy" the corrected text, return to the site, and paste it.

Another one is on-line at http://www.spellcheck.net/ I added this site to my favorite's "Links" folder for easy access. Just do the same as above. This method is easiest. It offers the option of a "single word" check or up to a 5000 character text body.

Alternately you could just type the text in one of the above windows first, than copy-n-paste it in the desired location.

Hope this helps a bit.
YodaMan
Visit this Community
United States
KitMaker: 1,561 posts
Armorama: 0 posts
Posted: Sunday, April 07, 2002 - 07:09 AM UTC
Spelchekr? I dunno..... that mite tak awy some of da charakter of the personalitys on the sit.

YodaMan
staff_Jim
Staff MemberPublisher
KITMAKER NETWORK
Visit this Community
New Hampshire, United States
KitMaker: 12,571 posts
Armorama: 6,599 posts
Posted: Monday, April 08, 2002 - 08:25 AM UTC
Steve,
I have looked into it. But there aren't any good applications that work with this platform (PostNuke). Plus with all the non-English speakers here and the odd words we use, not sure it would work well.

Thanks for the input though.

Cheers,
Jim
 _GOTOTOP