_GOTOBOTTOM
Armor/AFV: British Armor
Discuss all types of British Armor of all eras.
Hosted by Darren Baker
A silly question about the M3 honey stuart.
sonnyboy
Visit this Community
Denmark
KitMaker: 473 posts
Armorama: 252 posts
Posted: Friday, August 31, 2007 - 09:56 AM UTC
Hi guys.

Well im a bit in doubt about the british use of the m3 stuart honey. Was it only the desert rats that had them?

Does any one have some stowage sketches of the honey?

Thanks in advance
GeraldOwens
Visit this Community
Florida, United States
KitMaker: 3,736 posts
Armorama: 3,697 posts
Posted: Friday, August 31, 2007 - 10:57 AM UTC
No, it was widely used by numerous British formations in North Africa.
sonnyboy
Visit this Community
Denmark
KitMaker: 473 posts
Armorama: 252 posts
Posted: Friday, August 31, 2007 - 09:17 PM UTC
okay that is what i thought, i have thought about putting in a dio with dragons sherman mk III with Royal Wiltshire Yeomanry. thanks.

tankmodeler
Visit this Community
Ontario, Canada
KitMaker: 3,123 posts
Armorama: 2,539 posts
Posted: Tuesday, September 04, 2007 - 05:55 AM UTC
Be careful which type of "Honey" you match with which other tanks. The Shermans showed up relatively late in the desert and many of the earlier slab-sided Stuarts had gone by then. The Birts used Stuarts of all types and you need to be aware of what time period and which regiments you are matching up. Some regiments would use the Stuart I and the next regiment in the same brigade could be using the equivalent, yet different Stuart III. Without seeing the "holdings" listing for the specific time period, it's hard to determine exactly which units had which versions of any of the many vehicles in service.

The best bet is to try to get photos of vehicles in the units you are interested in form the right time period. If these things matter to you (and they don't to a lot of people) then ask for photos/information on the specific units for the dates you are interested in. You may be very surprised at how fluid the holdings for these units were in the 1941-43 period.

Paul
 _GOTOTOP