_GOTOBOTTOM
Яusso-Soviэt Forum: WWII Soviet Armor
For discussions related to WW2 era Soviet armor.
: : WIP : : BA 1
kruppw
Visit this Community
Texas, United States
KitMaker: 1,117 posts
Armorama: 1,115 posts
Posted: Sunday, June 10, 2012 - 03:45 AM UTC
Robert I haven't been able to find actual drawing or photos for the interior on the Ba-1. So i plan to use a Ba-6 for the templete. From what I can find is that all the Ba series use the same general interior layout, just the main difference being ammo storage and of coarse the turret.

Cheers
FAUST
Visit this Community
Noord-Holland, Netherlands
KitMaker: 8,797 posts
Armorama: 4,190 posts
Posted: Sunday, June 10, 2012 - 05:06 AM UTC
Ola Christopher

If you have any good photographs of the BA6 I would be interested as well. Could be very usefull when I start my BA10 project. I will buy the Part PE set for the BA3/6 of which I can use numerous parts and which has working hinges would be nice to show off a bit of the interior that way.
kruppw
Visit this Community
Texas, United States
KitMaker: 1,117 posts
Armorama: 1,115 posts
Posted: Sunday, June 10, 2012 - 09:20 AM UTC
Robert

I haven't found anything yet for a BA-10 interior, but here are some stuff for a BA-3.

http://www.armchairgeneral.com/rkkaww2/galleries/armored_cars/BA_3.htm

Gun mount

BT-7 turret which is the same for BA-3/6

Hope this helps some.

Chris
FAUST
Visit this Community
Posted: Monday, June 11, 2012 - 09:47 AM UTC
Ola Chris

That are some very usefull images. Even though not specifically for the BA 10 I can get some details which would be fin for a through the Hatch interior. Thanks a lot for sharing.

And then comes to moment to call it finished. I added the last details like the Helmet straps and a roll of logs to give the car grip over rough terrain. And some minor touchups. And here is the last set of pics of the finished vehicle. Finally after nearly 5 years. The next time you will see this vehicle is when it stands on it's base with figures.
Ok enough talk. Here is my BA1

Now I'm in the mood for finishing old stuff I think the next vehicle is the long overdue Panhard 178 I painted years ago. Probably even before the BA1. I have to dig through my old posts to find that one back.

As usual I'm really curious to any feedback.

With friendly greetz

Robert Blokker
Spiderfrommars
Visit this Community
Milano, Italy
KitMaker: 3,845 posts
Armorama: 3,543 posts
Posted: Monday, June 11, 2012 - 10:22 AM UTC

Quoted Text

Ola Christopher

If you have any good photographs of the BA6 I would be interested as well. Could be very usefull when I start my BA10 project. I will buy the Part PE set for the BA3/6 of which I can use numerous parts and which has working hinges would be nice to show off a bit of the interior that way.

Robert, I have quite a lot of good pics about BA 3 6 and 10

Tomorrow I'll post them for you in my dropbox then I'll send you the link

Cheers

PS great job, as usual
FAUST
Visit this Community
Posted: Monday, June 11, 2012 - 10:29 AM UTC
Ola Mauro.
Thanks for your reply and compliments. Really appreciated. I'd love to see any pics regarding these vehicles.they should be a great help. I also found a webshop here in Holland that sells zvezda kits quite cheap and among them is also the ba3. Might invest in that one as well. Could built the whole BA family that way
Spiderfrommars
Visit this Community
Milano, Italy
Posted: Monday, June 11, 2012 - 10:36 AM UTC

Quoted Text

Ola Mauro.
Thanks for your reply and compliments. Really appreciated. I'd love to see any pics regarding these vehicles.they should be a great help. I also found a webshop here in Holland that sells zvezda kits quite cheap and among them is also the ba3. Might invest in that one as well. Could built the whole BA family that way

I'll be glad to help you. I have over 1600 pics and drawings. Several of them are original pics
I've collect3ed because me too I'd like to make a Zvezda BA-10...but we should do it as soon as possible...before Miniarm produces a BA family

cheers

PS I've been uploading the files. Tomorrow they will be available. Let me know if you need also references about the Ba-64
FAUST
Visit this Community
Posted: Tuesday, June 12, 2012 - 12:09 AM UTC
@ Mauro
Thanks man for sharing your info here. I saw the link already in my Pm box but I'm still at work. When I get home I will download them. I have no doubt they will be very usefull when I start on the BA10.
I agree. I foresee that Miniart will indeed release a BA variant very soon. But I don't mind. Allthough they will be 100% better detailed and of outstanding quality. I simply like the challenge of buying an older kit and spicing it up with all sorts of AM and scratch.

If you have good refs of the Ba64 I would be interested as well. In the future I think there will be a BA64 from Miniart in my stash.
PantherF
Visit this Community
Indiana, United States
KitMaker: 6,188 posts
Armorama: 5,960 posts
Posted: Tuesday, June 12, 2012 - 12:46 AM UTC
For me, the helmets used as headlamp diffusers is neat! Plus, the worn tire look ... I didn't notice this until the weathering was applied. I wonder how they got in that condition if there were no concrete roads back then?

All in all, a pretty awesome little build, glad you stuck with it. I would love to have one because I feel they were the Grand Father of the APC/IFV of today.

Thanks for showing this jewel to us!

~ Jeff
FAUST
Visit this Community
Posted: Tuesday, June 12, 2012 - 02:54 AM UTC
Ola Jeff

Hehehe I love those headlight diffusors as well. It was something that was more or less born out of necessity as I could not find the original lenses. And found this a fun way to hide the gaping holes. I have seen a lot of halftracks and armored cars in pictures that had worn out tires. I think it is an easy and quick way to show a vehicle that already saw some miles. As for where they got their wear. I remember having heard somewhere that Tarmac is actually gentler on the threadsurface then unpaved roads. But since I cannot recall where I read or heard this it is hard for me to confirm.

I'm glad you think it is a cool vehicle and thanks for the compliments. I too think these Soviet Armored cars are pretty neat. Fun thing to drive to work. And yeah it was actually because a friend of mine remembered me of this built and I picked it up. But already I have some ideas with other shelfqueens that never saw the end of their project. So more will come
SovietBoy22
Visit this Community
Scotland, United Kingdom
KitMaker: 461 posts
Armorama: 452 posts
Posted: Tuesday, June 12, 2012 - 04:28 AM UTC
Excellent work on an interesting vehicle!
Keep up the good work.
Thanks
Euan
FAUST
Visit this Community
Posted: Tuesday, June 12, 2012 - 05:15 AM UTC
Ola Euan
Thanks for the kind words. This will definately not be my last Russian Armored Car. They are cool vehicles.
Spiderfrommars
Visit this Community
Milano, Italy
Posted: Tuesday, June 12, 2012 - 05:30 AM UTC
Now, I add a ba 64 folder to my dropbox site.

Wenn it is uploded I'll send you the link

Cheers
FAUST
Visit this Community
Posted: Tuesday, June 12, 2012 - 10:33 AM UTC
Ola Mauro
Everything landed safe and sound on my computer. Thanks for sharing. It will be a huge help. If I ever can return a favor let me know.

With friendly greetz

Robert
Spiderfrommars
Visit this Community
Milano, Italy
Posted: Tuesday, June 12, 2012 - 07:02 PM UTC
Robert, look also here

http://panzer35.ru/forum/46-2055-1

That's an impressive job done on the Miniart kit
FAUST
Visit this Community
Posted: Friday, June 15, 2012 - 10:56 AM UTC
Ola Mauro

Thanks for that link. I have checked it a couple of times and it is indeed a very impressive job on that vehicle. A lot to learn from and a great inspiration as well.
Visit this Community
Noord-Brabant, Netherlands
KitMaker: 1,242 posts
Armorama: 286 posts
Posted: Friday, June 15, 2012 - 10:45 PM UTC
Ola Robert,
i like this armoured car, nice too see that there are still people who like to build these things.
The model looks great and you placed lots of nice pics also from the real vehicle to let see the interrior. On that way you get a good view of how such a thing looked from the inside as wel from the several details.
I like your idea to replace some german helmets over the headlights!!
Overal good work sir.
My compliments to this oldie
greetz
Eric
FAUST
Visit this Community
Posted: Saturday, June 16, 2012 - 01:46 AM UTC
Ola Eric

Thanks for the compliments. I can't take credit for the interior shots it was Christopher that posted them. But they are indeed very usefull. The headlight covers are one of my favorite details to the vehicle. they give it a bit more character.
 _GOTOTOP