Italeri 15cwt truck
RedwingNev
Visit this Community
England - East Midlands, United Kingdom
KitMaker: 911 posts
Armorama: 348 posts
Posted: Saturday, September 01, 2007 - 08:00 AM UTC
http://www.hannants.co.uk/search/?FULL=IT6233

I'm not familiar with this kit. Is it a reboxing of an old kit? If someone could shed some light on it, I would be grateful.

thx

Nev
jabo6
Visit this Community
Texas, United States
KitMaker: 276 posts
Armorama: 152 posts
Posted: Saturday, September 01, 2007 - 08:17 AM UTC
its a rebox of a peerless - max kit .old but very nice, well worth getting if you like allied softskins. eduard used to do a brass set for it. : if you can find this kit in a peerless- max box it comes with a nice 6 pounder anti tank gun. italeri took the gun out of their issue and boxed it seperatly
mark197205
Visit this Community
KitMaker: 1,593 posts
Armorama: 1,465 posts
Posted: Saturday, September 01, 2007 - 09:09 AM UTC

Quoted Text

its a rebox of a peerless - max kit .old but very nice, well worth getting if you like allied softskins. eduard used to do a brass set for it. : if you can find this kit in a peerless- max box it comes with a nice 6 pounder anti tank gun. italeri took the gun out of their issue and boxed it seperatly

The 6 pounder was also in the Airfix boxing, Airfix had the moulds after Max, Italeri then got them after that....
RedwingNev
Visit this Community
KitMaker: 911 posts
Armorama: 348 posts
Posted: Saturday, September 01, 2007 - 11:46 PM UTC
Thanks, I have to confess I have never heard of Peerless-Max. If its also been reboxed by Airfix, it must be an ooooooold kit, right?
alanmac
Visit this Community
United Kingdom
KitMaker: 3,033 posts
Armorama: 2,953 posts
Posted: Saturday, September 01, 2007 - 11:59 PM UTC
Hi Neil

All your questions answered.

http://www.missing-lynx.com/reviews/britain/italeri6233reviewcs_1.html

Alan
AlanL
Visit this Community
England - East Anglia, United Kingdom
KitMaker: 14,499 posts
Armorama: 11,675 posts
Posted: Sunday, September 02, 2007 - 10:25 AM UTC
Hi Neil,

Worth picking up it's a nice kit despite the age.

Cheers

Al
GeraldOwens
Visit this Community
Florida, United States
KitMaker: 3,736 posts
Armorama: 3,697 posts
Posted: Sunday, September 02, 2007 - 01:00 PM UTC

Quoted Text

Thanks, I have to confess I have never heard of Peerless-Max. If its also been reboxed by Airfix, it must be an ooooooold kit, right?

Peerless Max was in business for a short time in the late 1970's. Their molds subsequently went to Tomy, then Airfix, then Italeri. Some of these molds have also periodically been leased out by Italeri to Zvezda, Bilek or Revell/Germany.
The Dodge 3/4 ton trucks (including an ambulance), Dodge 1.5 ton truck, M3 Scout Car, RSO Tractor with Nebelwerfer, Bedford truck, Canadian Chevy Gun Tractor, 15 cwt Truck, British Six Pounder AT Gun and US 155 mm Howitzer have all been re-released at various times. The RSO has also received new, revised parts by Italeri for later variants, while the 155 howitzer got a plastic barrel to replace the metal tube in the original Peerless kit. Italeri never re-released the Peerless Max GMC 2.5 ton truck, as they had already tooled a superior version of their own.
Plasticbattle
Visit this Community
Donegal, Ireland
KitMaker: 9,763 posts
Armorama: 7,444 posts
Posted: Monday, September 03, 2007 - 05:01 AM UTC

Quoted Text

The Dodge 3/4 ton trucks (including an ambulance), Dodge 1.5 ton truck, M3 Scout Car, RSO Tractor with Nebelwerfer, Bedford truck, Canadian Chevy Gun Tractor, 15 cwt Truck, British Six Pounder AT Gun and US 155 mm Howitzer

A very impressive line-up of kits, and the quality must of been sky-high for the day ... most of those mentioned are still fine kits in their rights today, not to mention still the only game in town for some of them.
Why did they go by the way-side?
tankmodeler
Visit this Community
Ontario, Canada
KitMaker: 3,123 posts
Armorama: 2,539 posts
Posted: Tuesday, September 04, 2007 - 05:41 AM UTC

Quoted Text

A very impressive line-up of kits, and the quality must of been sky-high for the day ... most of those mentioned are still fine kits in their rights today, not to mention still the only game in town for some of them.

Yes, all of those kits are still quite acceptable (although they have their faults), however one of the Peerless kits you never hear of is their M26 Dragon Wagon. And for good reason as it was one of the worst and least accurate kits I've ever seen. It was definitely a toy and had a battery operated motor in the cab along with "working" ramps over the rear wheels and articulating suspension and rubber tires.

If you had a couple pints & squinted from 20 feet away it looked like an M26, but not if you were sober or closer. The build was even worse; very little fit properly. Good riddance to bad rubbish, in my opinion.

Oh, BTW, Peerless started out in the late 60's and by the very early 70's was Peerless-Max. They had gone belly up by about 1974 and the moulds started to appear in outher guises by the 1978-79 period in North America.

Paul
alanmac
Visit this Community
United Kingdom
KitMaker: 3,033 posts
Armorama: 2,953 posts
Posted: Tuesday, September 04, 2007 - 06:23 AM UTC
To view its build potential take a look at a recent submission on Track Link

http://www.track-link.net/gallery/5453

A bit heavy on the chipping for my taste, but none the less a very good build.

Alan
 _GOTOTOP