_GOTOBOTTOM
Яusso-Soviэt Forum: Cold War Soviet Armor
For discussions related to cold war era Russo-Soviet armor.
T-55 Color
PorkChop
Visit this Community
Wisconsin, United States
KitMaker: 3,179 posts
Armorama: 1 posts
Posted: Sunday, March 30, 2003 - 04:04 AM UTC
Hey all, been away from the site for a while.
I have a Polish T-55 project looming (when I finish my Famo, hopefully in the next week or two). Any suggestions on the color? I'll probably use Tamiya or Testors acrylics, though I may go to a testors spray.

Thanks,

Nate
Wisc. USA
sniper
Visit this Community
New York, United States
KitMaker: 1,065 posts
Armorama: 508 posts
Posted: Sunday, March 30, 2003 - 04:10 AM UTC

Quoted Text

Hey all, been away from the site for a while.
I have a Polish T-55 project looming (when I finish my Famo, hopefully in the next week or two). Any suggestions on the color? I'll probably use Tamiya or Testors acrylics, though I may go to a testors spray.

Nate,

If you go back a few pages in the forums, you will see a tread "My new T55 has arrived." It is about 8 pages long.

In the tread you will find a discussion on paint for this model as well as a lot of other useful info. Gunnie has posted pictures of his in progress and even posted a few of mine almost completed.

Its a great thread with lots of info!

Steve

PS - Feel free to add to that thread too!
PorkChop
Visit this Community
Wisconsin, United States
KitMaker: 3,179 posts
Armorama: 1 posts
Posted: Sunday, March 30, 2003 - 04:12 AM UTC
Thanks Steve,
I figured there was too much buzz about this kit on every forum for it not to have been covered here, I just haven't been around much the last 1.5 months. I'll go back and take a look.
Thanks.
NATE
sniper
Visit this Community
New York, United States
KitMaker: 1,065 posts
Armorama: 508 posts
Posted: Sunday, March 30, 2003 - 04:14 AM UTC

Quoted Text

Thanks Steve,
I figured there was too much buzz about this kit on every forum for it not to have been covered here, I just haven't been around much the last 1.5 months. I'll go back and take a look.
Thanks.
NATE

Feel free to keep that thread active Nate. Gunnies in progress photos are great and a big help.

Steve
Hollowpoint
Visit this Community
Kansas, United States
KitMaker: 2,748 posts
Armorama: 1,797 posts
Posted: Sunday, March 30, 2003 - 04:15 AM UTC
Hey Nate!

Glad you're back. I saw your story on the JRTC on the Press-Gazette webpage -- did you spend a little time at Fort Polk?

In answer to your question, most eastern bloc tanks are dark green -- of course, there are variations. I don't have Tamiya's T55 yet, but I've seen it built and in-the-box. What color does the instruction sheet suggest?
MichalBT
Visit this Community
Województwo Kieleckie, Poland
KitMaker: 326 posts
Armorama: 275 posts
Posted: Sunday, March 30, 2003 - 07:55 AM UTC
I post this information several days ago. But I will repeat it without problem. I have original scratches from Polish T-55. And after comparing them with RAL colour tables- the most suitable colour is RAL6014.
BTW: I found information that Polish Army used 3 and 4 colour camouflages for their tanks. This is re-print of official manual of Polish Army. It was published in one of Polish modelling magazines.

Michal
 _GOTOTOP