Hosted by Darren Baker
Any info on Arii Models Patriot Missle?
mauserman
Visit this Community
Maryland, United States
KitMaker: 1,183 posts
Armorama: 628 posts
Posted: Saturday, September 08, 2007 - 06:37 AM UTC
I was wondering if anyone has had any experience with this company's models in general, or this model in particular? I've never heard of them, but then I haven't been around that long.

Thanks for any help you can give me.
Jacques
Visit this Community
Minnesota, United States
KitMaker: 4,630 posts
Armorama: 4,498 posts
Posted: Saturday, September 08, 2007 - 09:57 AM UTC
1/48 scale. More a toy than a kit. Many detail missing, those details present are soft and toylike. Many parts out of scale.

Better off getting the NIMIX kit or scratchbuilding your own.

If you can get it really cheap ($5 or so) it might be a good kit to practice building skill on...

I bought the SCUD-B kit they had out back in 1992 or so. For that time it was pretty cool, but still toy-like. Once I started to get "real" kits to build, I could tell the difference in quality.
mauserman
Visit this Community
Maryland, United States
KitMaker: 1,183 posts
Armorama: 628 posts
Posted: Saturday, September 08, 2007 - 10:12 AM UTC
Thanks Jacques. I think I'm going to take a pass on this one. I haven't seen or heard anything good about it so far.
jimb
Visit this Community
New York, United States
KitMaker: 2,539 posts
Armorama: 238 posts
Posted: Saturday, September 08, 2007 - 12:53 PM UTC
Being assigned to a PATRIOT battery in the mi-1990s, I can tell you for absolute certianty that the ARII 1/48 PATRIOT kits are completely innacurate. The HEMT-T tractors don't look anything like that, the Electrical Power Plant (EPP) was on an 800-series 5-ton, the Antenna Mast Group (AMG) & Engagement Control Station (ECS) were on M928 & M927 5-tons respectively. They really didn't do their research very well.

Jim
ErikHagglund
Visit this Community
Uppsala, Sweden
KitMaker: 120 posts
Armorama: 105 posts
Posted: Saturday, September 08, 2007 - 06:42 PM UTC
If will scratch build yours then take a look at Charles's scratch built version. He's seem to have done an accurate version ot it. There is also a WIP which would help you in putting yours together.

Here's the direct link to the finish build:

http://one-step-further.com/Modelgalleries/PatriotLauchermountwCannister/index.html

Here's the WIP:

http://one-step-further.com/WIP/PatriotLauncherMountwithCannister/index.html
 _GOTOTOP