_GOTOBOTTOM
Armor/AFV: Modern - USA
Modern Armor, AFVs, and Support vehicles.
Hosted by Darren Baker
Some amazing images on Fox today
sniper
Visit this Community
New York, United States
KitMaker: 1,065 posts
Armorama: 508 posts
Posted: Monday, March 31, 2003 - 06:28 AM UTC

For you guys interested in the current conflict, there are some amazing tapes of the 3rd Infantry Division in action being shown today on the Fox news channel.

Some Bradley's and Abram's supporting troops trying to secure a bridge in a town. Some footage of a wounded soldier being treated. The Fox guy even got some scratches.

Great shots of the M1's for anyone who is thinking of modelling some of this stuff.

Steve
Kencelot
Visit this Community
Florida, United States
KitMaker: 4,268 posts
Armorama: 2,804 posts
Posted: Monday, March 31, 2003 - 06:35 AM UTC
I saw it.
It was some of the better bits of footage on the conflict thus far.
prbesch
Visit this Community
Illinois, United States
KitMaker: 57 posts
Armorama: 48 posts
Posted: Monday, March 31, 2003 - 10:15 AM UTC
The U.S. tanker that shouts out "for God and Country" is why we`re here could and should be made a celebrity or even a symbol of victory for the war effort.

(except for the fact that it seemed like he was having a little too much fun.)

Pete
Vihuri
Visit this Community
Queensland, Australia
KitMaker: 39 posts
Armorama: 0 posts
Posted: Tuesday, April 01, 2003 - 09:18 PM UTC
Speaking of footage - Have seen some good stuff of US Marines street clearing in Handiyah, backed up by Bradleys. Saw one guy running across a street with what looked like a sawn-off shotgun in one hand - nice work!

Its a pity our guys aren't over there. I've got some Infantry mates who are chomping at the bit watching your guys doin their thing. I think Australian Infantry are some of the best non-SF urban fighters in the world. It seems our Government is more concerned about good PR rather than combat experience for its soldiers.
Rico
Visit this Community
United States
KitMaker: 66 posts
Posted: Wednesday, April 02, 2003 - 03:07 AM UTC
They had some footage on MSNBC (or CNN? dunno) a few days ago that I thought was amazing. The reporter was sitting on top of a vehicle as they moved through the desert, and the cameraman kept panning around at all the Bradleys and M113's (?) in the formation, just drivin' through the desert. Really made you feel like you were there.

keenan
Visit this Community
Indiana, United States
KitMaker: 5,272 posts
Armorama: 2,844 posts
Posted: Wednesday, April 02, 2003 - 03:39 AM UTC
Some photos of interest. Do the Bradleys by the bridge remind anyone else of the bridge at Arnhem? Also check out the worn of tan paint on the M1s. I think I will have to attempt that paint job.

Marty
Visit this Community
Massachusetts, United States
KitMaker: 2,312 posts
Armorama: 1,054 posts
Posted: Wednesday, April 02, 2003 - 04:04 AM UTC
The footage was great. The cameraman was righ smack down in the middle of the fight. Amazing stuff!
Tommy
Visit this Community
Portugal
KitMaker: 1 posts
Posted: Wednesday, April 02, 2003 - 04:34 AM UTC
Iīve seen some great pictures on SKYNEWS filmed in Um Qasr, there was a group of snipers(2 or 3), shooting at Fedayen.They had M82 Barretīs and one of them fired a couple of shotīs.
SS-74
Visit this Community
Vatican City
KitMaker: 3,271 posts
Armorama: 2,388 posts
Posted: Wednesday, April 02, 2003 - 05:38 AM UTC
Hey you guys have the link to the footage you are talking about, I missed the news tonight, and I really like to see that footage. Thanks!
Vihuri
Visit this Community
Queensland, Australia
KitMaker: 39 posts
Posted: Wednesday, April 02, 2003 - 04:34 PM UTC
Any of the news sites - CNN, ABC, NBC etc would have footage as links/mpegs or something similar.
Whiskey
Visit this Community
Texas, United States
KitMaker: 1,038 posts
Armorama: 377 posts
Posted: Thursday, April 03, 2003 - 06:50 AM UTC
Australian forces are over there.Your Spec Ops,Air Force and Navy are over there bearing alot of the work I might add.The Australian Foreign Prime Minister was on Fox this morning talking about what you guys are doing over there.
sniper
Visit this Community
New York, United States
KitMaker: 1,065 posts
Armorama: 508 posts
Posted: Thursday, April 03, 2003 - 08:35 AM UTC

Saw some nice shots of Aussie SpecOp troops late last night. Some great shots of their 4X4's too. Very cool.

Those guys look like some tough SOB's!

Steve
sasman21
Visit this Community
Scotland, United Kingdom
KitMaker: 50 posts
Armorama: 44 posts
Posted: Thursday, April 03, 2003 - 08:53 AM UTC
I have seen a lot of the footage but unfortunately the British media tend to overlook the 7th Armoured boys and tend to show the American hardware.The guys from The Royal Scots Dragoon Guards seem to be forgotten as when something happens in Basra it is the "tanks" of the Black Watch that have been in action.Excuse me if I am wrong but The BW are mechanised infantry and not a tank regiment.Maybe the BBC and ITV should get some modellers as their reporters or experts.Let us all hope that it is all over soon and our brave boys and girls come home to a hero's welcome
Whiskey
Visit this Community
Texas, United States
KitMaker: 1,038 posts
Armorama: 377 posts
Posted: Thursday, April 03, 2003 - 11:25 AM UTC

Quoted Text

They had some footage on MSNBC (or CNN? dunno) a few days ago that I thought was amazing. The reporter was sitting on top of a vehicle as they moved through the desert, and the cameraman kept panning around at all the Bradleys and M113's (?) in the formation, just drivin' through the desert. Really made you feel like you were there.

Your talking about M88 Dave!!!!!!!Hes stuck riding on a M88 and for those of you that have ever been on one know what it feels like lol.Poor guy had a horrible time on that thing.
thewrongguy
Visit this Community
Ontario, Canada
KitMaker: 448 posts
Armorama: 306 posts
Posted: Thursday, April 03, 2003 - 03:43 PM UTC
I thought we weren't supposed to watch Fox news becuase they were caught lying or something a while ago. Don't quote me please, I've just heard that the coverage is very biased. But really this war is pretty biased, it's like N.E Patriots vs a junior varsity football team (or worst yet the Detroit Lions :-) ) so why shouldn't the coverage reflect that.

I've thought CNN, BBC and CBC coverage have all been excellent.

I saw an interview with one solider who ripped into Geraldo Riveria calling him a fool and laughed out loud for 5 minutes.
 _GOTOTOP