M51 ARV is out
dukw
Visit this Community
Nordrhein-Westfalen, Germany
KitMaker: 263 posts
Armorama: 228 posts
Posted: Wednesday, September 12, 2007 - 08:53 PM UTC
Hello,
today, i received a mail from Perfect Scale with the announcement of a new kit. From now on they offer the M51as full resin kit with AFV-Club tracks and PE-parts. It looks very good so far. Pic's can be found here:
M51

happy modeling
Harald
bulivyf
Visit this Community
Praha, Czech Republic
KitMaker: 2,450 posts
Armorama: 2,409 posts
Posted: Wednesday, September 12, 2007 - 09:40 PM UTC
Wow!! Very nice model for Nam.
Frenchy
Visit this Community
Rhone, France
KitMaker: 12,719 posts
Armorama: 12,507 posts
Posted: Wednesday, September 12, 2007 - 11:44 PM UTC
Very impressive !(....almost as much as the price )

Thanks for the heads-up Harald.

Frenchy
dukw
Visit this Community
Nordrhein-Westfalen, Germany
KitMaker: 263 posts
Armorama: 228 posts
Posted: Thursday, September 13, 2007 - 08:03 AM UTC
well, it's a real big beast. And the price seams to be not realy reasonable. Thats why i could resist buying there M74 But the quality of there products is outstanding.

happy modeling
Harald
barv
Visit this Community
Scotland, United Kingdom
KitMaker: 1,594 posts
Armorama: 973 posts
Posted: Thursday, September 13, 2007 - 08:27 AM UTC

Nice ......any truth that the jib is short
aye
BARV
(GOSMG)
mother
Visit this Community
New York, United States
KitMaker: 3,836 posts
Armorama: 1,370 posts
Posted: Thursday, September 13, 2007 - 09:16 AM UTC
Impressive indeed, I'd like to get one...but have to wait to see if the price will come down some. Does anyone know what the lower hull is based on, sort of look like the early M60 hull.

Joe
KoSprueOne
Visit this Community
Myanmar
KitMaker: 4,011 posts
Armorama: 1,498 posts
Posted: Thursday, September 13, 2007 - 01:51 PM UTC
b e a u t i f u l !
but I also have to wait for my price range area.

FB-Xray
Visit this Community
United States
KitMaker: 2 posts
Armorama: 1 posts
Posted: Tuesday, October 16, 2007 - 09:23 AM UTC
When I read this thread about this kit being available, I ordered it same day. I belive this is the most I have paid for a kit.
I had been planning on scratch building this beheamoth for some time now. I took a bunch of photos and measurements from one on display in Oklahoma City at a military museum just north east of down town. I figured the hull would take two
M-48 kits to get the size and number of road wheels, plus engine deck stuff I could use. I hadn't started building, but had been collecting items needed. Well I don't have to go that route anymore. I picked the kit up this morning from the post office, just over two weeks after ordering.

It comes wrapped in plain brown paper in a rather flimsy (read thin) box, but nothing was damaged. Everything is bagged and packed in foam peanuts. Parts are bagged as to upper Hull, lower hull, tracks, photoetch, decals and wire. Parts are laid out much like an injection molded kit with very small resin blocks to remove. The casting is crisp and clean with no flash and no air bubbles. Instructions are in German and English. There is a parts breakdown that is numbered and then those numbers are used to reference the parts. The forward hull is hollow, which would allow for a possible interior if you want to scratch build one. I have not been able to find any interior photos though, so all hatches will be closed. All hatches come modeled in the closed position anyway, except for the commander's copola.

I am not one to take out the ruler and check for minute accuracy, so I don't know if the boom is short or not. The quality of the kit is on par with most quality resin kits, a la Hobby Fan or Warriors, legends etc.

It will be some time before I actually build this kit, as we have a baby on the way and my model room is now going to be a nursery. I have the diorama in mind though and it will be big, an M123 pulling an M15A1 trailer (the Vietnam Dragon Wagon).On the Trailer would be an M48 that hit a mine and the M51 in the background having serviced it. It'll require a room just for itself. lol

Hope that helps.

Sonny
 _GOTOTOP