_GOTOBOTTOM
Armor/AFV: Modern - USA
Modern Armor, AFVs, and Support vehicles.
Hosted by Darren Baker
Striker in action
ptruhe
Visit this Community
Texas, United States
KitMaker: 2,092 posts
Armorama: 1,607 posts
Posted: Monday, March 31, 2003 - 09:09 AM UTC
Decent picture on Yahoo of a Striker launching what I presume to be a Swingfire. Mislabed by AP as a Sidewinder missile
http://story.news.yahoo.com/news?tmpl=story&u=/030330/168/3nyhe.html

Where are the good hires pictures of this stuff? The Operation Telic site has some good pictures but no that many.

Paul
viper29_ca
Visit this Community
New Brunswick, Canada
KitMaker: 2,247 posts
Armorama: 1,138 posts
Posted: Monday, March 31, 2003 - 09:33 AM UTC
Holy crap you got me all excited for nothing....I thought this was one of the new Stryker vehicles that the US Army has.....man what a let down!!!!!

This is simply a modified Warrior chassis to fire the swingfire AT missiles.......should get people's heart rate jumping like that!!!!!! LOL.....joking of course!!!
joina25
Visit this Community
United Kingdom
KitMaker: 19 posts
Armorama: 0 posts
Posted: Monday, March 31, 2003 - 10:02 AM UTC
I belive that the striker is actualy based on a CVRT chassis not a warrior. The same chassis as Scimitar and the old scorpion, it is used on light role recce regiments in the British Army the op telic site is a good site for brit pics
ptruhe
Visit this Community
Texas, United States
KitMaker: 2,092 posts
Armorama: 1,607 posts
Posted: Monday, March 31, 2003 - 10:05 AM UTC
Damn. I tied it to the wrong group. Sorry about that.

Paul
keiler
Visit this Community
United States
KitMaker: 12 posts
Posted: Monday, March 31, 2003 - 11:00 AM UTC
Although we might eventually see a US Army Stryker in this campaign I don't think at this date they are formally operational, and if they are, they only mount the .50 cal remote weapons station, at least that's what I've heard. I'd expect to see them with the 173d in north Iraq, if at all.
armyfiremn
Visit this Community
United States
KitMaker: 90 posts
Posted: Monday, March 31, 2003 - 11:57 AM UTC
guys i've seen the strykers here on post with mine plows as well as what looks to be some kind of missle launch system. as far as i've seen and heard there still being tested.
armyfiremn
Visit this Community
United States
KitMaker: 90 posts
Posted: Monday, March 31, 2003 - 01:28 PM UTC
ok guys just got back from a call with a unit who has the strykers. the missle system on the vehicle is a tow system. the mobile gun system has got pushed back from becomming available until 2006 seems theres a problem with the 120mm gun braking the front axles every time it's fired. with the new armor thats being put on i was told that it will with stand a rpg round as well as a 50 cal but don't count on that. also you won't see the strykers this war at least not from here there hasn't been congressional approval yet so no strykers until then.
 _GOTOTOP