Hosted by Darren Baker
Do You Think Dragon Will . . . ?
FirstMass
Visit this Community
Massachusetts, United States
KitMaker: 252 posts
Armorama: 146 posts
Posted: Friday, September 14, 2007 - 04:38 PM UTC
With all the great 1/72 scale WWII armor that Dragon has been producing what do you think the chances are that they will produce 1/72 scale figures to go with them? Good figures in this scale are seriously lacking and you know Dragon would do their usual outstanding job on them. Any comments?

Brian
darreng
Visit this Community
England - South East, United Kingdom
KitMaker: 789 posts
Armorama: 382 posts
Posted: Friday, September 14, 2007 - 06:59 PM UTC
It would be nice to see Dragon scale down some, or all of their existing 1/35th figure sets (the artillery for the Karl and Leopold, would be a must have for me), plus do some new ones.
petros
Visit this Community
Thessaloniki, Greece / Ελλάδα
KitMaker: 172 posts
Armorama: 168 posts
Posted: Friday, September 14, 2007 - 07:49 PM UTC
Dragon have included figures in the "ready dio" series and they are fantastic- buildings, too.
Hope they will release them as separate kits.
Unless they keep it for the "ready dio" series for commercial reasons
petros
sabredog
Visit this Community
Western Australia, Australia
KitMaker: 607 posts
Armorama: 599 posts
Posted: Saturday, September 15, 2007 - 01:03 AM UTC
1:72 figures are a real mixed bag. Most are soft plastic, others like the excellent Preiser range are hard plastic. Certainly hard to get here in Australia, whilst the old Italeri/Esci and Revell stuff is quite common.

I got some Millicast 1:76 scale tankers the other day. They are resin and quite nice.

Hopefully, Dragon, Trumpeter and Revell will release some new figures that are easily obtainable down under.
thedoog
Visit this Community
New York, United States
KitMaker: 263 posts
Armorama: 260 posts
Posted: Sunday, September 23, 2007 - 03:03 AM UTC

Quoted Text

With all the great 1/72 scale WWII armor that Dragon has been producing what do you think the chances are that they will produce 1/72 scale figures to go with them? Good figures in this scale are seriously lacking and you know Dragon would do their usual outstanding job on them. Any comments?

Brian

When pigs fly, when the dollar is worth more than the pound, when Britney wins "Parent of the Year", when Italeri makes a decent 1:35 track, when peace rules on earth and when the lion lays down with the lamb...

Seriously though; GAWD I WISH! Why is it so hard for these guys to make a decent HARD PLASTIC 1:72 figures kit and mass-produce 'em? The figures that are out there are few and far in between, and expensive as heck! Those soft plastic ones are ok for seondary dio figures, but there are no decent 1:72 tank crewmen besides Preisser's, and they're not easy to find.
Oh well--DML HAS finally produced a 1:35 scale tank with zimm, so maybe the day of reckoning is finally around the corner? I'm keeping my dark-yellow-and-panzer-green-stained fingers crossed!
Emeritus
Visit this Community
Uusimaa, Finland
KitMaker: 2,845 posts
Armorama: 808 posts
Posted: Sunday, September 23, 2007 - 04:25 AM UTC

Quoted Text

Seriously though; GAWD I WISH! Why is it so hard for these guys to make a decent HARD PLASTIC 1:72 figures kit and mass-produce 'em?

That's what I''ve been wondering as well. From what I've seen, some of the soft plastic 1:72 figures are quite nice, but the material keeps me from buying any.
Why couldn't they just use styrene for moulding instead?
Graugrun
Visit this Community
Gauteng, South Africa
KitMaker: 125 posts
Armorama: 59 posts
Posted: Sunday, September 23, 2007 - 06:30 AM UTC
Talking of 1/72 scale resin German figures, have any of you checked out the Mig Productions range of 1/72 scale resin figures?

If not, do yourself a favour and head over to his site.

Matthew
 _GOTOTOP