Hosted by Darren Baker
Sagebrush
youngc
Visit this Community
Western Australia, Australia
KitMaker: 2,166 posts
Armorama: 1,080 posts
Posted: Thursday, September 20, 2007 - 01:50 AM UTC
Is there anybody here on Armorama that could ship me some Sagebrush, I'm willing to pay reasonably. It would be alot easier if someone could get some onto ebay though. It looks fantastic but very hard to get in Australia.

Please PM me if you can,

Chas
feelpanzer
Visit this Community
West-Vlaaderen, Belgium
KitMaker: 122 posts
Armorama: 93 posts
Posted: Saturday, September 22, 2007 - 06:53 AM UTC
Can you explain sagebrush I'm not familiar with that item or product!

feel the panzer
youngc
Visit this Community
Western Australia, Australia
KitMaker: 2,166 posts
Armorama: 1,080 posts
Posted: Saturday, September 22, 2007 - 10:51 PM UTC
Sagebrush is plant that grows in the wild, mostly in the U.S.A. It starts off small but as it grows, the twigs and branches bend and knot. The texture replicates that off a full sized tree, only miniature. In some parts of America, they're regarded as pests to farmers because they grow in such massive quantities. I was wondering if there is anyone out there who knows of sagebrush growing in their area and would be prepared to mail me some. (In return I could arrange swapping some of my home-made scenic material, I make my own wildgrass, palm trees or just palm leaves).

Chas
j76lr
Visit this Community
New Jersey, United States
KitMaker: 1,081 posts
Armorama: 1,066 posts
Posted: Sunday, September 23, 2007 - 01:34 AM UTC
I think its better known as tumbleweed here .You used to see it alot in old westerns.I,m in the New York area,not alot of ot here .Its mostly out in the south west .. I think senic wonderland makes something you could use.
j76lr
Visit this Community
New Jersey, United States
KitMaker: 1,081 posts
Armorama: 1,066 posts
Posted: Sunday, September 23, 2007 - 01:42 AM UTC
Im sorry I meant woodland senics
tisdazza
Visit this Community
South Australia, Australia
KitMaker: 12 posts
Armorama: 4 posts
Posted: Sunday, September 23, 2007 - 05:47 AM UTC
Here's an online site about collecting Sgaebrush (in the US)
Just to let yers know exactly what it is.

http://www.upickers.com/knarly/sagebrushecology.asp

Here's a site that sells mini-trees using sagebrush.
http://www.fsmtrees.com/products.htm.

It's not easily accessable in Australia as most refer to it as a noxious weed.
The plant suppliers that I have contatced don't stock it & florists don't use it except for the actual sagebrush stumps. I looked at information on the net & also talked to people from the botannical gardens.
Sagebrush (in Australia) there are about 5 species of plant.
The actual Sgaebrush (U.S. Species) is normall found in northern parts of South Australia - Northen Territory & eastern parts of Western Australia.
Sheep farmers in Australia do refer to it as rabbitweed ot rabbitshrub (as rabbit normally hide there. They consider it as a weed & normally dig it up or poison it.

All I can suggest, apart from buying from overseas or maybe someone on here picking you some.
Is try one a the larger florists &/or nurseries to have them check thier suppliers to see if it's avalable or if it can be specially ordered.
 _GOTOTOP