_GOTOBOTTOM
Armor/AFV
For discussions on tanks, artillery, jeeps, etc.
PHOTOS: MODEL
SiG 33B
wbill76
Visit this Community
Texas, United States
KitMaker: 5,425 posts
Armorama: 4,659 posts
Posted: Wednesday, September 26, 2007 - 02:56 PM UTC
Karl Logan's (thedoog) build of a 1/35 DML Sturminfanterigeschutz 33 auf Pzkpfw III, better known as a SiG 33B, has been added to the On Display Gallery.

SiG 33B On Display

If you have comments or questions please post them here.

Thanks!
Finch
Visit this Community
New York, United States
KitMaker: 411 posts
Armorama: 273 posts
Posted: Wednesday, September 26, 2007 - 03:18 PM UTC
Very nice work - I am building one of these now and I can only hope mine comes out as well as yours.

Your wash looks terrific - how do you do it?
SGTJKJ
Visit this Community
Kobenhavn, Denmark
KitMaker: 10,069 posts
Armorama: 4,677 posts
Posted: Wednesday, September 26, 2007 - 06:15 PM UTC
Good job on that one, Karl. I especially like the faded/dusty camouflage job.

Thanks for sharing
Charlie-66
Visit this Community
Texas, United States
KitMaker: 771 posts
Armorama: 750 posts
Posted: Friday, September 28, 2007 - 07:14 AM UTC
Karl, great build there. I am curious about the white "V" shaped markings you have on it. As pictures of this beast are fairly rare I'm wondering where you got the marking info. Like Danny, I'm also building one of these. I guess I'm not the only one who was inspired by Bill Plunk's recent build of this kit to try to do one. Hat's off to you Bill!
thedoog
Visit this Community
New York, United States
KitMaker: 263 posts
Armorama: 260 posts
Posted: Friday, September 28, 2007 - 11:10 AM UTC
Hey Guy, I got the reference for that weird call sign from "Achtung Panzer #5--StuG III, StuG IV and SiG 33".
It has a pic of it and says it was the divisional sign of the Pz Reg.201, 23rd Pz Div. in after April 1943. You can see it here!

I just realized that I forgot to add the second tool box that goes right behind the first one n the engine deck. The second photo here of "G2" I found on the net, and I'm sorry that I can't remember the site! But you can see the rack here on the back, as well s that missing 2nd box!

Hey, thanks to all who've taken the time to comment; I really do appreciate the feedback and the compliments!!!
thedoog
Visit this Community
New York, United States
KitMaker: 263 posts
Armorama: 260 posts
Posted: Friday, September 28, 2007 - 11:20 AM UTC

Quoted Text

Very nice work - I am building one of these now and I can only hope mine comes out as well as yours.

Your wash looks terrific - how do you do it?

Hey Danny, thanks for the compliment!
To get this look, I used oil washes--I first used an overall wash of raw umber. Then I let that well-dry, and hit it with another wash of a light tan--rwa umber+white+a TOUCH of yellow; this is a nice dust shade. I apply the wash all over the model in a rather thicker application than you might for normal, and just about 10 seconds later I take a crumpled-up piece of soft facial tissue and dab it off. DO NOT WIPE! Only dab--this will leave a lot of it behing. Then take a thinner-wetted brush and immediately start wiping it down, getting the streaks you see here.
The rest of the model then gets a thorough pin wash (a concentrated bunch of little detailing washes) with raw umber and/or rusted shades of burnt sienna, applied around all the details with a fine tipped brush. This gives you nice details jumping out at you!
You can also do additional streaks with the tan mix, or with raw umber/burnt sienna. The key is to work patiently and think "layers"! Too many guys just rus through the weathering process and don't get the depth that a little bit of patience can achieve!
Hope this helps you! Thank you for your comment! KARL the doog
AlanL
Visit this Community
England - East Anglia, United Kingdom
KitMaker: 14,499 posts
Armorama: 11,675 posts
Posted: Saturday, September 29, 2007 - 08:17 AM UTC
hi Karl,

looks the business.

Al
Charlie-66
Visit this Community
Texas, United States
KitMaker: 771 posts
Armorama: 750 posts
Posted: Tuesday, October 02, 2007 - 04:05 AM UTC
Karl, great pictures! Thanks for posting them. Pictures of this beast are relatively scarce so more are always appreciated. Congrats again on a very nice build!
 _GOTOTOP