Pz III/L finished
tray
Visit this Community
Budapest, Hungary
KitMaker: 193 posts
Armorama: 186 posts
Posted: Saturday, September 29, 2007 - 03:29 AM UTC
Hi!

This is my 1/72 Pz III from Revell. It's almost OOB, I only added the wires on the turret top.

For some reason the green camo lines do not show as sharp as in life. Must be my camera.

Comments are highly welcome.
guygantic
Visit this Community
Antwerpen, Belgium
KitMaker: 7,084 posts
Armorama: 970 posts
Posted: Saturday, September 29, 2007 - 06:50 AM UTC
Jo Tray, this is a nice one, I like the subtle camo, lovely ! Nice detail work too, good job. Greetz Guy
tjkelly
Visit this Community
Maryland, United States
KitMaker: 1,132 posts
Armorama: 1,123 posts
Posted: Saturday, September 29, 2007 - 07:01 AM UTC
Peter -

Nice job you've done there, looks great. I think the green camo lines came out well, especially with the weathering, I don't believe they'd have been as prominent anyway after a while in the field.

Thanks for sharing! Cheers!

Tim
tray
Visit this Community
Budapest, Hungary
Posted: Sunday, September 30, 2007 - 02:45 AM UTC
Thank you for your comments!

My biggest problem with the camo lines is that I have spent 4 hours painting them, and they just don't show. Maybe it's my camera or just too much filtering.

Anyway, I uploaded some high-res images, you can see more details here:

http://www.4freeimagehost.com/show.php?i=e4039acf678a.jpg
http://www.4freeimagehost.com/show.php?i=3811947ccfe2.jpg
http://www.4freeimagehost.com/show.php?i=349410642c38.jpg
http://www.4freeimagehost.com/show.php?i=abded7254e94.jpg
http://www.4freeimagehost.com/show.php?i=4ab235f9619d.jpg
sabredog
Visit this Community
Western Australia, Australia
KitMaker: 607 posts
Armorama: 599 posts
Posted: Sunday, September 30, 2007 - 11:10 AM UTC
That is a very nice build

Have you tried taking the pictures without a flash. As using a flash tends to bleach out lighter colours and add to much contrast.

cheers

Mike
tray
Visit this Community
Budapest, Hungary
Posted: Sunday, September 30, 2007 - 10:48 PM UTC

Quoted Text

Have you tried taking the pictures without a flash. As using a flash tends to bleach out lighter colours and add to much contrast.

Hi Mike!

Yes I tried many light configurations but it turned out that my two tabletop lamps are not enough. I tried to place them at different positions and I also played with the flash and every setting I found on my (new) camera. I made about two hundred photos and the above ones turned out the best - I used a semi-transparent piece of paper in front of the flash to make a diffuse light. I will try it better with my next model, I plan to invest in new lamps.

jam2727
Visit this Community
Victoria, Australia
KitMaker: 171 posts
Armorama: 37 posts
Posted: Sunday, September 30, 2007 - 11:20 PM UTC
Hey Peter Awsome Model you got there!
I am doing an Ausf.M as well by Revell in 1/72 in winter right now, and ive noticed some of the differences from mine i recon it looks betetr than mu version. ive also notices that theres a hole in the end of your turret and theres not on mine, Did you just heat up a pin and poke it in? did you find the bottom wheels a devil to make?? Its taken me 5-10 minutes to make each of those 12 little things

Looks absolutley brilliant
tray
Visit this Community
Budapest, Hungary
Posted: Monday, October 01, 2007 - 12:02 AM UTC

Quoted Text

Hey Peter Awsome Model you got there!
I am doing an Ausf.M as well by Revell in 1/72 in winter right now, and ive noticed some of the differences from mine i recon it looks betetr than mu version. ive also notices that theres a hole in the end of your turret and theres not on mine, Did you just heat up a pin and poke it in? did you find the bottom wheels a devil to make?? Its taken me 5-10 minutes to make each of those 12 little things

Looks absolutley brilliant

Thanks James!

Sorry I don't know which hole do you mean at the "end of the turret". Is it the gun? I drilled it myself, using the tip of my blade. Actually, I think it's much easier than using hot pin. I did it also to the exhausts and even the mini mgs (althoug the bottom one was later filled, maybe with too much primer or too thick paint).

Painting the wheels take time, no matter how you do it! First I airbrushed them yellow together with the hull and turret, then brushed the rubber part dark grey, then glued them together, which was followed by the washes.

sabredog
Visit this Community
Western Australia, Australia
KitMaker: 607 posts
Armorama: 599 posts
Posted: Monday, October 01, 2007 - 10:50 AM UTC

Quoted Text

Quoted Text

Hi Mike!

Yes I tried many light configurations but it turned out that my two tabletop lamps are not enough. I tried to place them at different positions and I also played with the flash and every setting I found on my (new) camera. I made about two hundred photos and the above ones turned out the best - I used a semi-transparent piece of paper in front of the flash to make a diffuse light. I will try it better with my next model, I plan to invest in new lamps.

Ditto here. I tried taking some more progress pics of my Sturer Emil yesterday afternoon with my usual set-up and the pictures were ordinary to say the least. I use two gooseneck lamps with 40w pearl globes installed. Usually that works but the pics were flat, dark and unconvincing. With the flash the contrasts are way to bright.

I will probably post the best image regardless.

Still, your little PzIII is very fine. I have both Revell kits in my growing stash (I am an aircraft builder mainly) and they look magic in the box. Seeing one built is tempting me to build one.

cheers

Mike
mgdsign
Visit this Community
Skåne, Sweden
KitMaker: 686 posts
Armorama: 685 posts
Posted: Wednesday, October 03, 2007 - 09:15 AM UTC
That's really a nice build Peter!!!

I think that you shouldn't worry about those cammo lines
since after a week or two in the field they become a little
blurred and faint because of all the dust and dirt.

Very good!!!

Sven-Åke
dimitrios
Visit this Community
Attica, Greece / Ελλάδα
KitMaker: 29 posts
Armorama: 1 posts
Posted: Saturday, November 10, 2007 - 07:47 AM UTC
Very good work .
jimz66
Visit this Community
Connecticut, United States
KitMaker: 1,165 posts
Armorama: 1,105 posts
Posted: Saturday, November 10, 2007 - 08:33 AM UTC
Tray, very nicely done. I too like the subtle camo work. Very nicely done indeed.
goldenpony
Visit this Community
Zimbabwe
KitMaker: 3,529 posts
Armorama: 588 posts
Posted: Saturday, November 10, 2007 - 08:49 AM UTC
Nice one.

tray
Visit this Community
Budapest, Hungary
Posted: Saturday, November 10, 2007 - 10:36 AM UTC
Thanks guys!

Braille
Visit this Community
California, United States
KitMaker: 1,501 posts
Armorama: 1,485 posts
Posted: Saturday, November 17, 2007 - 09:08 PM UTC
Peter,

I have to agree with Sven-Åke, concerning the camo. Super weathering job! Just the way a tank should look!

-Eddy
 _GOTOTOP