Hosted by Darren Baker
OIF M3A2 Bradley
MacsTrucks
Visit this Community
Indiana, United States
KitMaker: 99 posts
Armorama: 97 posts
Posted: Wednesday, October 10, 2007 - 03:21 PM UTC
I built a 1/72 Revell of Germany M3A2 Bradley. The CIP panels are scratchbuilt, otherwise pretty much box stock. It may not be 100% accurate and need some gear and clutter to it. The weathering was a bit more than I hoped, but also an attempt to disguise the wrong desert sand color underneath. It was fun and I really like the modern kits.

This is my first armor kit in over 15 years. I've been building cars and trucks but nothing military in all that time. It's been a nice change. I actually have several more 1/72 projects going now!

tray
Visit this Community
Budapest, Hungary
KitMaker: 193 posts
Armorama: 186 posts
Posted: Wednesday, October 10, 2007 - 10:01 PM UTC
Hi Kent!

It's very nicely done Bradley.

I don't see the weathering to be overdone at all! Maybe the tracks are a bit lighter than I would do, but they are nice too!

However, it's evident that you have finished this model in the "cars and trucks" building style, where you don't use technics like washing, drybrushing, chipping, etc. You should try these on your next models - they won't be easy at first try, but will greatly improve the look of your builds.

MacsTrucks
Visit this Community
Indiana, United States
KitMaker: 99 posts
Armorama: 97 posts
Posted: Thursday, October 11, 2007 - 03:07 PM UTC
Thanks. Actually I did a little wash and dry brushing, but that made the dark sand color even darker. The dry brushing helped but then I got a touch heavy handy with a good dusting. I still haven't been able to make convincing chips. I actually have a non-military construction model that I'd like to do, but am still trying to get a better feel for that worn-paint look.
Braille
Visit this Community
California, United States
KitMaker: 1,501 posts
Armorama: 1,485 posts
Posted: Thursday, October 11, 2007 - 05:52 PM UTC
Kent,

Good start!!! Hope to see more of your stuff. You'll just get better with practice. Some of the very best modelers are on this site and all are more than willing to help you with your modeling venture.

-Eddy
guygantic
Visit this Community
Antwerpen, Belgium
KitMaker: 7,084 posts
Armorama: 970 posts
Posted: Thursday, October 11, 2007 - 06:31 PM UTC
Looks like a good build. Nice model too ! Guy
 _GOTOTOP