_GOTOBOTTOM
Armor/AFV: Axis - WWII
Armor and ground forces of the Axis forces during World War II.
Hosted by Darren Baker
German Sternantenne mast question
panzerman
Visit this Community
Poland
KitMaker: 37 posts
Armorama: 0 posts
Posted: Friday, April 04, 2003 - 12:06 AM UTC
Hey, guys,

Would anyone tell me the best way of scratchbuilding the three-part elongation mast
for German Sternantenne? I’m in early stages of planning my Panzerbefehlswagen Panther
D late version.

The mast elongation sections are stored in the rack under the gun cleaning rod tube.
However I don’t know which material might be the best to make the sections: plastic/brass
tubing, wood or something else? What diameter should have those sections of this
mast in 1/35?

And last problem – does anyone know if the rack for these mast elongation sections
was a sort of standardized thing on the Panthers? I don’t exactly know how it looked
like, though I have complete set of Trojca books on Panther with plans. In my opinion
on most of the anthers it was a sort of two rectangular metal plates with three drilled
holes in one and three metal rods welded to another to mount the mast sections. Howewer,
in one of Trojcas Panther books there are excellent close-ups of “HG”
command Panther R01, which appears to have a rack for the antenna mast made from two
rounded, semi-circle plates.
So guys, anyone tried to make this thing on the model, how exactly this rack looked
like and what’s the best material to make the mas tsections (unless there is aftermarket
stuff for that)?

Any tips greatly appreciated

Regards,

Piotr

_GOTOTOP